1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching To Fuji

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by bobmielke, Jul 21, 2013.

1. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Who do you think you are? David Bailey ? ;)

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Precisely - ads that people remember all these years later.

The one thing that Fuji HAVE done to make them stand out, of course, is to produce a wide range of primes; that's something that the others really should look to copy IMHO.

3. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

I have to agree it's one of the most successful. I don't remember when it was but a long time ago. I don't know what they're lie now but the Guinness ads used to be well worth watching. The last one remember was the Moby Dick surf one.

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Not basically - definitely - a point & shoot! That was the whole idea. It was a mass-market box camera for the 1960s but using 35mm film.

Don't know how many you have owned and/or used but my experience of them has been much more positive. My first encounter with a Trip 35 was the one owned by a friend of the time. It had a great lens on it, capable of a quality 16x12 print. However, Olympus' quality control could be somewhat patchy and they did produce a lot of those Trip 35s.

5. johnsonscott

johnsonscott In the Stop Bath

fijifilm brand is awsome and oldest brand of cameras ..............

6. plebob

plebob Well-Known Member

I used to own an x-pro and it was wonderful camera. The low light performance was superb, certainly better than the canon 7d which I also had at the time. I had the 35mm lens and and its performance was excellent. In the end I traded both in to help buy a 5d mark III although I kept my x100. At the time the range of lenses available was a bit limited (suppose I could have held on!) and the camera was not that suited to any sports use. It was a hard decision though!

The images the fuji cameras produce have a sort of unique quality to them especially how they record skin tones.

I had real problem with dust getting into the 18mm lens (which I got free) and it had to go back to Fuji plus the aperture ring on the 35mm was very loose.

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

The design of the Trip 35, evolved from their very successful range of half-frame PEN cameras and the half-frame SLR they built with a rather unusual shutter. I think the tie-up with Zeiss dates back some time, maybe even to their M/F cameras.