1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

support for fuji raw file processing

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by PeteRob, Jul 17, 2014.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

After the enthusiastic Testbench article on the X-E2 in AP this week, but not yet having seen one in the flesh, I am wondering if the X-E2 would make a good pocket camera for travelling with. Specifically as a replacement for a Canon G10 compact. I read mixed things about Lightroom ability to process raw files from Fuji cameras. I am heavily Canon/lightroom based and don't particularly want to set up a parallel system using, say, Capture One. What do people use for the RAW files (I am not interested in jpg) and how do they see support evolving? currently I am using LR 4. Thinking about either LR 5 or the subscription service but I can't see me ever using PS (could not figure out elements)

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Probably depends on how critical you want to be, but I have had no problems with Fuji's bundled raw software. I used the x10 abroad and had 260 accepted by a library, so they didn't spot anything not up to standard.

3. PeteRob

it is more that I started cataloguing my images in Lightroom and am about half way through seven years worth so if I add more I'd like them to be in the same system and it is convenient to have the processing there as well because I use the LR interface for printing, Flickr and Blurb. I had read that LR did not work properly with Fuji raw files.

4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

That was true until adobe got there finger out . Now fuji raws work as well as anyone elses.
    You will be able to use the same workflow as you do now. X10 fileswill always be more difficult as they use a different sensor to the x20 and up

5. PeteRob

Well I bought an E2 and upgraded to LR 5.5. The 33MB file-size was a bit unexpected but indeed LR seems to cope well.

6. Martin Erhard

Martin Erhard Member

I use cameras from Fuji, Nikon and Ricoh each with their own particular RAW format. But for some time now I have just converted them all to DNG format upon import to Lightroom. There are no issues I have been aware of, keeps everything simple, the file sizes are a bit smaller and native to LR and PS.