1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

supermoon

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by tonycro, Nov 15, 2016.

1. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

Well it was there and sometimes it has to be done - unfortunately the clouds didn't clear till it was well up in the sky, so its just the moon !

[​IMG]CombineZP rectangle_99976_CB5R6134 by Tony, on Flickr

daft_biker likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

At least you saw it! Too much cloud here.

tonycro likes this.
  3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Nice shot, and yeh, too cloudy here too.

tonycro likes this.
  4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Nice details! All we saw was a bank of cloud.

tonycro likes this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

so that's what it looked like... all I saw was a white light behind some cloud....;)

tonycro likes this.
  6. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone - personally I'm not so fond of just a full moon I like a bit of shadow in my moon or some landscape ! and being super is not really that much bigger :)

I have a dusk to dawn timelapse running at the moment of the current waning gibbous moon which might be interesting ?

AndyTake2 likes this.
  7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Pictures of the moon are a bit like pictures of art - there's an object, the moon, and it looks how it looks. Because of our viewpoint, that doesn't change a great deal (moon cycle not withstanding) so once you've personally got a detailed, clear shot at the level you want, you need to start using the moon as lighting in something else, or as part of a broader composition, in my view.