1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suffolk near Rendham

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Bazarchie, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Probably a question aimed at Craig20264.

I am staying in Rendham this weekend for some bird photography on Sunday. I was hoping to visit RSPB Minsmere on Mon but it looks like their hides will still be closed. Any suggestions for landscape or seascape locations other than Aldeburgh, Orford or Dunwich? They are all great but any local knowledge would be appreciated. Hopefully I can remember how to use my camera.

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Shingle Street is always worth a visit. The river in Woodbridge/Melton can be good, but get there early to avoid people. Sizewell beach is nice and desolate, as long as you don't mind a nuclear power station on your shoulder. Inland close to Dunwich is Westleton Heath. Further down the coast is Landguard Point/Felixstowe, with the docks if you like getting up close and personal with container ships. (There is a website listing ship arrivals and departures).
    We go on holiday at the weekend or I would have given you a guided tour.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Many thanks, I appreciate your response. It is a lovely part of the country.

Enjoy your holiday, trust it is not in Spain.

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

No worries, thanks.
    We won't be a million miles away. We are just hopping across the border to Norfolk for a well earned break in our touring caravan. We'll be in the middle of Thetford forest, so forest images it is for me. I'll be checking in on the forum so if you have any questions, fire away.

EightBitTony likes this.