1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Successor to the FZ200?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Spinonit, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Spinonit

Spinonit Member

Does anyone know, or heard any rumours, about a successor to the FZ200 superzoom bridge camera, i.e. what are the specs, when will it be released?

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Well the FZ200 has only been around since late last year.

I suppose Panasonic might be working on upping the zoom level to keep up with the 50x crowd.

But they have always wanted to give a high level of IQ. Hence not racing up pixel count and cause problems.

There are other power zoom options out there. But the FZ200 comes in as a high performer.

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

The Panasonic FZ200 is a one off I suspect with the F2.8 fixed aperture over the whole zoom range. It can shoot 60x with just a slight softening of images that can be bought back to life in post processing.

The new FZ72 has 60x zoom plus, but the aperture does not stay at F2.8

4. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Full range here:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_...al+Cameras/Bridge+Cameras/12575089/index.html

I could be wrong but it looks like Panasonic consider the FZ200 their flagship bridge.

5. Spinonit

Spinonit Member

Thanks, good news I think - I placed my order for one today. Hopefully I'll receive it on Thursday :)

I'm also thinking about ordering a Hoya UV filter. I know there are mixed views regarding the use of these filters, so any advice would be greatfully received. Are they worth it (for a ham like me), or would my money be better spent on a hood?

Also going to order a Transcend 32GB Ultimate SDHC Class 10. Does that seem about the right spec/compromise for cost/performance?

6. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Sounds good to me!

I prefer a hood myself. Unless you are prone to scratching front elements ;)

I use Transcend cards with no problems...

7. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Paranoia I guess but I use both... Filter and hood. Transend have worked for me, I do thogh empty and format the card regularly.
    show us some pictures when you get the camera and "Happy new camera day!"

8. J H Foto

J H Foto Well-Known Member

The FZ200 looks like an excellent camera with the Leica lens.

9. J H Foto

AKA Leica V Lux 4..........

10. Spinonit

Spinonit Member

Hi guys - the camera arrived early this morning and after charging the battery (and reading the manual), I grabbed it for a quik shot. Spotted a flutterby in the garden and attempted a quick snap. This was taken in full auto mode, handheld, zoomed in from about 6ft. i don't think this is anything I want to put in the appraisal gallery, as it was literally just a test snap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64158686@N02/9516760552/

Second was of our puppy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64158686@N02/9514002653/

Hope the links work, but my first impressions of this camera are very positive and it makes me want to shoot some more.

cheers all for your help and advice - hopefully I'll have some pictures soon for the Appraisal Gallery!!

11. J H Foto

Mine arrived today too, I will post test pictures on Saturday or Sunday