1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subscribers Magazine Delivery

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Roy5051, Mar 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

The past few weeks, my AP has not been delivered until Tuesday, when it appears in the shops.

Is this the fault of Royal Mail, or has the delivery schedules been changed, please?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Mine comes one of Saturday, Monday or Tuesday. I think it is pot luck. Tuesday is the least frequent but I think last week's came then, this week came Saturday.

3. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

This year my copy has usually arrived on a Saturday but last week's didn't get delivered until Monday.
    It seems it is generally down to Royal Mail and they are still suffering from staff absence due to the pandemic, which doesn't help, and also staff not being able to share vans/minibuses etc to get where they need to be, hence my mum's post has been coming after 5pm in the evening for months as her postie has to wait for someone else to return the van, van to be disinfected before her postie can drive to her part of town to start his round

4. nf3996

nf3996 Well-Known Member

Pre-pandemic my copy regularly turned up on a Saturday. Now it's pot luck whch day of the week it arrives - the last two weeks it's been on Wednesday. I think it's very much a Royal Mail issue at present with short-staffing, sick leave etc. I currently seem to be getting a postal delivery only once week and that's not from my usual postman.

Alan

5. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies; mine eventually came on Wednesday this week.

6. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

I also get AP delivered. It usually arrives on a saturday or monday. Last week it was thursday but it turns out it was delivered to the wrong house. Our features editor also gets in delivered. She lives in Wales, I live in Sussex. So we use this as a gauge on how deliveries are going. If we both get our issues late one week then there's probably a problem at our end, but if its just one of us its probably a local issue. Its rare for us both to get it late.

7. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Mine didn't arrive yesterday. Hopefully it will be delivered on Monday

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Mine arrived Saturday afternoon. RM seem to be struggling. We have a local sorting office which serves several villages in South Notts. Some posties seem to be working later into the day than usual.
    I was much impressed to receive 2nd class mail on a Saturday afternoon.