1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subscribers in Rep. of Ireland?

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by ryancolin, Apr 26, 2021.

1. ryancolin

ryancolin Active Member

Hi,
    The offer of a Manfrotto bag and mini tripod has convinced me to subscribe. However, I'm trying to subscribe with a delivery address in the Republic of Ireland, but the subscription service (after letting me type in all my details, grr) says it "cannot deliver to that country". This is strange as printed periodicals should not be affected by import duties and so on; at worst, I might have to pay a little extra for postage, which would be fine by me. But the website is about the least cooperative I have ever seen. Has anyone else in the ROI managed to subscribe successfully?
    Thanks in advance for any info (info from the AP staff would be greatly appreciated!)

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

i expect it is nothing to do with the subscription and everything to do with exporting the tripod and bag.

3. ryancolin

ryancolin Active Member

Hm. You think? Damn.

Edit: I'm not sure that's right. And if it is right, then the subscription service truly is the worst in the world. How about saying somewhere "Offer only available in the UK"? Or "Free gift only available in the UK, everyone else just gets the magazine, nyah nyah"? At least then the punter would know...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

They do say this but it's buried deep in the Terms and Conditions.
    Previous owners of the magazine always made it clear that subscription gifts were UK only.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

For the Republic of Ireland blame Brexit, but you can't expect them to ship stuff to the back end of anywhere on the globe.