1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subscriber of the Month...

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Paul M, Mar 17, 2021.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You must be joking.

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

.. just goes to prove that you cannot please all of the people some of the time....

3. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

I'd be happy to look into how much it would cost to have a different cover for subscribers. From memory I think its around £300-400 to do a cover change, so that would work out at £15-20k per year. I'm not sure we'd get that back in extra subscribers.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I can't say that I spend much time looking at the cover - the main purpose of it to me is that I can tell one week from another - and that is the date on the front. On the newsagents shelf calling out "read me" is a different demand, one now met by the white envelope in the hall mail pile.

5. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

Could do one a month, readers image? Chosen by some method as your Picture of the Week or subscriber only as a benefit. How many of your covers annually are taken by a reader or an amateur? That would be less than £5000 a year and maybe a company like Whitewall or Fujifilm would see it as a good investment. Your recent March 11th 1912 From the Archive is a great example IMO of what a subscriber cover should look like.

6. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Perhaps subscribers could have the same cover, but without all the text and smaller images that usually spoil an interesting picture. Some of the old AP covers featured on your 'From the Archive' page have only an image and the AP masthead, and look better for it.
    We have already paid for the magazine, so the additional cover 'furniture' serves no purpose for us.

However, I suspect that the additional printing costs of a different cover would be impossible to justify.