1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Stunning street photography: 'My Wharf'

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by CWyatt, Aug 8, 2010.

1. NuclearFuzion

NuclearFuzion Well-Known Member

/modernart

Some person painted an entire canvas red and sold it for 50k...

I mean, yeah, maybe it really did have some sort of super-deep meaning or something...but even with the grey area in photography, nothing beats modern art in having a infant make hand paintings and critics trying to tell the difference from a similar piece conceived by a distinguished art graduate.

OP: The link now goes to some shopping website...

2. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

I think we're looking here at the work of a (capital A) Artist, who has already established a style and technique.

The cultural difference means I don't get some of it (someone wrote above about the Chinese morose streak - understandable, but it's more than that, it's everything from reading a newspaper bottom up backwards to what one eats).

Then again, quite a few were the artist's off day (IMHO), and (for me) didn't do much.
    Then again, too, quite a few transcend culture & nationality and for me, work.

I doubt I could take many shots that would sell in Armenia, Missouri, Beijing, Murmansk and Huddersfield. I do not have this artist's ability to make art that speaks across all lines, like that. So I look at the ones that move me, I skip the ones I can't work out or do not like much.

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Am I the only one getting a link to Chinese cat food?

4. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

geren do you mean cats used in chines cooking or food for chinese pets?

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Errrr...food for Chinese pets of the feline variety.

I'm off for a look around the flickr set instead!

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Nope.

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I actually think this is the first set of photographs I've seen in a long time that made me sit up, take notice and want to know more. There are many that I wouldn't want hanging on my wall, but that's not what these are about. I have added him as a Flickr contact and hope to see some more of his work. It's intriguing, and I like that.

8. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

It's all I'm getting.:confused: