1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunning shot from Janice!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigWill, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Janice,

Yowza .... it's been a while :eek: Great to see you back and
    would love to see your picture again ... and I still think it's
    great :)..... regardless of Tim's cropping comment ;)

Cheers and when ya coming to YVR? :D

Jack

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Ah, you know me too well Janice lol

Yes, very enjoyable!

Well done!

Thought I'd better use a more sensible nom de plume ha ha

Welcome back ;)

3. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

No, it will not display here and I can't find it in the Gallery.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You won't - it was our old, unofficial MSN Groups gallery, which no longer exists.

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Janice will post it here soon - watch this space :D

6. linnet9

linnet9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

this might fail as I am still k******ed

I'm here to hold your hand Janice, and help you across the road if you like lol - Chris

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I like it:D

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

9. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Wow! Now I can see what was worth waiting 10 years for! Lovely!

My local cemetery is only 300yds away, but it's a bit too well kempt to get quite that feel.

10. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Yep, well worth the wait!

11. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Totally confused.................couldn't find the picture, tried everything, waded through the ' Appraisal Room' then had a Eureka moment......................looked at the date. Janice has re-appeared and confusion and chaos returns...........bless.

Lovely to know you are still around, your contributions are sorely missed.

P.S. don't scrub the grout, dig it out and renew...............better still get one of the staff to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  12. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Not sure what impresses me most:
    3/4 century
    Coolpix 990 not used so much {but by implication still used a bit ;) :)}
    Interest in Bloomsbury Group and GBS {esp. the latter}
    10 year old thread revived
    Pic of the Cemetery

:)

13. linnet9

Brian......I am struggling..Just emailed dear Chris who has the crosses pic (I trust, as in the ether)

The tiles are those 3 X6s and over a thousand of them. This lady's not for re-grouting. You regrout if you like!!
    Room now looking good after my several hours industry in the nuddy.

I have always envisaged a dentist drill-type tool which would give a skim to grout.
    At my ripe age and still in a big house I have not a doubt some young enthusiastic buyer will soon quickly replace most fittings and enjoy his own taste. After nearly 30 years I actually have grown to like what we inherited. Only "used" house we bought. 60s build, when materials were still scare and quality of wood in particular variable. Like you and me it was all meant to last, though I keep pushing my luck

14. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Which (for once) was nothing (well, kinda) to do with me. :D

15. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It's true to say that you weren't responsible for the ultimate demise of the AP Member's Gallery; however, that wasn't for lack of effort on your part, and you had come very close several years previously by deploying the Big Red Button...:D

16. linnet9

Dear Croulant whoever/wherever you are

Be impressed for last year a lovely ebayer converted one of my CP990s to Infra Red
    tho simply because we were carried along in a state of enthusiasm.

He had converted one for himself so next dodgey one sold on ebay I bought for £20 and had sent to him from ebay for conversion.
    I can't even remember if he charged me more than costs...I do remember his parents had a fabulous collection of pieces of colourful wedgwood displayed well on glass shelving.....Not for me for I don't "do" dusting. I have some good lenses for the 990s(yes I have several now) and ought to get rid. When my first 990 was young I accidentally stress tested it by dropping it onto concrete from about 10 feet....There was a slight scratch on the case which remains . Not sure about me. BTW our man in Vancouver : I watched some of his online video and someone there doing street work said how he clutched his camera and that is what pleases me greatly with this camera AND I can see everything on it.

Get out of here Janice ...there is plenty to be getting on with so cut out the escapism...That is an order!!!!
    PS I have just remembered the fiasco with the catch wearing out on 990s and the numerous ingenious solutions I came across. Finally it was attended to by pro's but I got ideas from Serbia (he hoped to make money with a nice fix) and the American outbacks not to mention a local retd engineer who used my idea for me (I recall a small grub screw on the case for a sneck........Jeez I am feeling old.better get my walking boots on...Walked through what was the RAE the other day and qot quite nostalgic having vowed never to return :))......Think the bike might return there soon having survived many years cycling round the peri track through wind and rain and flying golf balls from the adjoining golf course. If you pass me don't engage me in conversation or you might never get home (only kidding!!)

17. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Wow! That shot was worth waiting for! When the weather gets nicer (It's icy cold here) I think I am going over to the Tower Hamlets cemetary with my camera- it's only 5 minites walk from me and its amazing- they stopped using it in the early 20's (or 30's not sure) and most of the graves are Victorian- also it's now a wildlife reserve so sure to find some wee beasties to give the new macro a good workout. There's one bit there's really strange, it's a group of grave surrounded by a wrought iron fence and everyone who walks through the gate into the middle of the graves says it feels colder and unpleasant (it freaked me out) sometime after I first experienced it for myself I found out its where some of the Jack the Ripper victims are buried

18. linnet9

nice gallery ...I'll be back.
    Noticed you did not fill in all the cracks :)

19. linnet9

Jack I won't be travelling in the foreseeable future but copied an earth shot of sis's (even older) domicile neighbourhood in Hongcouver :) Will send you in a quiet moment, like,when ??????

20. linnet9

Cemeteries of London says one of last internments Oct 1965: to a dear dad, a piano of white chrysanths.
    London Cemeteries Guide Hugh Meller...It could be changing as costly and you may still have the tidies competing with the environmentalists. Let me know how it goes pl. I'm jealous!...Hope they are wrong and you have a fine day