1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunning shot from Janice!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigWill, Nov 18, 2002.

1. linnet9

linnet9 Well-Known Member

BIG WILL...are you still there...Can you hear me ????. I think of you daily at the sound of the ambulance on the A325
    I was after GBShaw really but you would be the next best thing.
    My latest magnum opum is intended to be making myself a GBS photographic tree to help me stand a chance of not quickly despairing of ever recognising whoiswho. Reading Holroyd's bumper bundle I quickly discover GB's association with the LSE and the fact that their website took his photos live last year. Such a coincidence.
    With my first three quarter century almost complete I use the old Coolpix 990 less. My PC is almost as old (4 actually) so likewise it is less active and I can lose favorite links. I do not want to completely lose the old AP bunch if possible. SIUYA there???
    I actually came looking for the Sheffield master Brian, curmudgeon :) for it seems George Bernard was a Leica man.

Hardly a flower to be found here, Will darling, but I did propagate and grow couple of tamarillo trees last year so of course I HAD to photograph the young fruit which were doomed not to mature here even though they can grow in the Andes.

So much to say and precious little merits the saying so I just say how HHHonoured I AM to find this link.
    As for the cemetery and the picture. There is an undignified battle right now over its ownership and least said soonest mended. So sad.

Linnet

2. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Oh dear, this must be an amazing picture but all I'm getting is a little box with a red cross in it. Please help, perhaps with a link, as I'm feeling disenfranchised.

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

LF, it might have something to do with the thread being almost a decade old.

BigWill is certainly still seen round here, though not as often lately as he has been in the past, and Brian is still giving us the benefit(?) of his presence too. SIUYA has metamorphosed into Chris Cool, but I reckon you could flush any of them out by sending a PM.

Adrian

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Hi Janice - good to see you back! Although Brian lives in Leeds, not Sheffield...;)

5. linnet9

It was a misty start here as in the serendipitous pic. so the washing is just on the line and the bathroom grout about to be slaved over. I can send a private mail (new to this forum layout) if you know how to get in touch with me.

I'll find the photo on disc fairly easily but might be slow to upload but by email could be a possibility.

I'll look back here pm

Meanwhile Excuse me, Janice

6. linnet9

Nota Bene..fight is over the Victorian Cemetry not a digipic..not surprising I confused Brian T

7. linnet9

Hi Nick
    Could it be Brian recommended Sheffield Museum?
    Is he known as Mr Posh at home?
    Probably irons his jeans and wears brown highly polished toe capped Oxfords :)

No good you can't distract me from scrubbing bathroom grout any longer.

Tot ziens
    Janice

8. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Oh, ......:eek:

9. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi Janice!

Yes, still lurking. Good to hear from you! :-D

10. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Hi Janice,
    How are you keeping these days?
    There are still a lot of "old timers" here, but some of us tend to lurk rather than post.
    It's good to hear from you,
    Jo

11. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Very pretty too :-D

12. linnet9

No need to explain what this NEW name of yours means :)

Carry on eating the pasties (for longevity) and I'll keep making them now we are all poor enough for the supermarkets to start selling skirt :) I only wish they'd sell swedes with some flavour.

You two were off to Scotland when last I talked to you, by coach. Successful, can you remember?

I tired of walking groups and so lost photo opportunities. Instead I have been looking at those of the Bloomsbury Group scroungers and also from the turn of the century leading to WW1 artists many of whom I now know deserve attention. It is the personalities more than the artwork per se I enjoy particularly as invariably one way or another they make me laugh. Many of them had great suiya attitudes and were good enough to get away with it too :))

TTFN

13. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

Crikey! First they're into slavery and now it seems prostitution. What ever next, class A drugs?

:rolleyes:

14. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Well it is a supermarket, one stop shopping. :p

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

many have a pharmacy instore nowadays....

16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Special offer: By a hooker and get free penicillin at our pharmacy?

17. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

only if you're carrying proof of age.....Think 25 policy in action...

18. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Amazing how quickly a sensible thread degenerates in the lounge.

Might we more recent joiners get a shufti at this stunning pic?

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yeah, it's only taken ten years in this case...:D

20. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I'd love to Mike ... but all I get is a "blue ?"

:(

Jack