1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Studio lighting

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by muzza65, Nov 14, 2018.

1. muzza65

muzza65 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at splashing out on a studio lighting setup. I'm wondering is they really big difference in the quality of light a budget strobe will produce over top of the line gear? I'm sure it goes without saying that the expensive equipment has a lot more whistle and bells and a faster recycle times.

Does one really need to break the bank to get a great looking image?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

AP has been carrying a lot of advertising for the continous lighting sets that can switch to strobe to increase power output with seemingly negligible recycle time.