1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Student wanting to improve their essay asked me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geren, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Quite. Utterly horrible but her event had been severely compromised, so I could at least understand why. On a very different occasion (and not in hospitality) there had been an event at which bottled beers were served, and the folk were all leaving to get on a coach to take them to their next destination. I was standing at the door seeing them out when a young lad tried to hand me his bottle of Stella (yeah, I know), which had just been nearly vertical so was obviously as much saliva as Stella at this point. Hands firmly behind my back I politely told him he could put it on the small drinks table right next to me. "nah, I was offering you the drink" with an arrogant smirk on his face.

Needless to say I didn't take it, and somewhat surprisingly (to me at least) that was the closest I ever came to not resisting the urge to take the bottle by its neck, smash it, and plunge the jaggy bit to his jugular.

2. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]Needless to say I didn't take it, and somewhat surprisingly (to me at least) that was the closest I ever came to not resisting the urge to take the bottle by its neck, smash it, and plunge the jaggy bit to his jugular.[/QUOTE]
    And you say you aren't Scots?

AndyTake2, WillieJ and Zou like this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I can’t understand why anyone would drink straight from bottle or can, at least without thoroughly washing/disinfecting it first. Weil’s disease is absolutely horrible. Rats piddling over bottles in storage/transit - ugh!

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I've seen a dog piddling on a bread tray more than once.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Was it a Spring a leak Spaniel? Or a Clumber? Or just plain incontinent?

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Golden retriever? Portuguese water dog?

7. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Surely that should be Golden reliever?

Geren, Zou and Learning like this.
  8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Just street dogs pissing on a bit of new temporary street furniture.Delivery drivers were very careless about leaving unattended trays on the road while making deliveries.I don't suppose that the trays were cleaned between trips in those days. The dog scent probably built up very nicely (for dogs) over the years.

9. PeteRob

Dunno why, God only knows, but while watering the cabbages at the allotment this afternoon the phrase “casting nasturtiums” came to mind as a complementary example to this.

Should I be worried ?

Geren likes this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hard to say, but the fact you're asking here isn't a good sign... :rolleyes:

11. PeteRob

True. But carrying a post in my mind for 2 days is slightly worrying.

Zou and Geren like this.
  12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Par for the course I'd say.
    Don't forget there are some who come back to posts weeks, months and even years later