1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Still looking for a sign

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by RovingMike, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I suppose if you have a camera you must be doing a recce for a naughty somewhere (can't use the right terminology, but you know what I mean!) They are a real pita.

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yep, to many people, camera = up to something.

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

It's just like Sister Ray said... you need to crop a bit off the bottom and straighten the verticals. :D:D

Catriona likes this.
  4. RovingMike

Geren and Catriona like this.
  5. Catriona

I like those, especially the last one. The bottom half is a lovely study in itself.

6. RovingMike

Interesting. I have a shedload of those, but finding one where the bottom half did more than just keep the top half up has been difficult. I have been trying to work more on the street with people included at dusk, but not really happy yet.

Nuther one:

[​IMG]_1280266 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

Catriona likes this.
  7. Catriona

I appreciate it must be difficult but I do like the inclusion of people. It is probably hard to get a high viewpoint to do the street bit, but I wonder what it would be like if a lot less, or no sky was in the image? I guess I'm giving away my liking for low-key shots.

8. RovingMike

Depends where the sign is really. I did do some high vantage point at London Bridge, but didn't like them. Lots more with no sky:

[​IMG]_1180400 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

[​IMG]_1180396 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

Catriona likes this.
  9. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Found it on Flickr..... knew it was around somewhere:
    (if I can get the uploader to work)
    Underground Overground sign.jpg

AndyTake2, Geren, RovingMike and 2 others like this.