1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Life

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Geren, Feb 9, 2020.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Ah, clear dysfunctional tendencies, I'm afraid. You seem to go for one-use only corkscrews, Yank the cork out, leave it in and buy another;)

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

That's my wife's fault. She's too drunk after her first bottle so just uses another. That was yesterdays efforts. The other bottles from yesterday were screw tops.

Catriona likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

My Norwegian friend in town has an incredible kitchen. I just tried to find the not very good photos I took, but no joy yet. It is completely filled with shelves (open) full of stuff. Work surfaces are covered with stuff too and the pulley with clothes drying is over the sink etc. I don't know how she copes with it all. Seems utter chaos to me. Lovely lady. Always welcoming, sits outside in summer and always has someone there talking to her. Her living room space is lovely although near her sofa is a huge table (padded) covered with cloths and everything piled onto it! Crazy, but so welcoming.
    Here she is:
    annelise.jpg

Dan S and dream_police like this.
  4. RovingMike

Ah gin and baked beans! The old recipes are the best;)

5. dream_police

We have another friend who is a hoarder. Her kitchen is untidy yet is just a mess. Not welcoming at all. I really don't know how she lives with it.

6. dream_police

That is a nice real life photo. Love the dog staring at you too.

Catriona likes this.
  7. dream_police

In fact, our fridge is a bit messy. Friends take the piss out of our fridge magnets. I like them.

And before anyone asks, no we are not Trump fans!

[​IMG]fridge by Nigel G, on Flickr

Catriona likes this.
  8. Catriona

Thanks! She (they) were waiting for the shop to open.

9. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

It sounds so lovely where you live!

Catriona likes this.
  10. Catriona

It's a comfortable life if you accept the limitations. Few shops, few diversions, one venue for Arts and amusements/films/performances etc etc. If I didn't have this good internet connection, I would either have to take frequent trips to the mainland or go about in old pyjamas! Ha! Good neighbours and friends though and that means a lot.

Dan S likes this.
  11. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Yes, glenfiddich emergencies are the worst, good to see you are prepared ;)

Zou likes this.
  12. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

You're making it sound even better :)
    What is it like trying to get to the mainland?

Catriona likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A Glenfiddich emergency is when you realise that you are out of Glenfarclas and Aberlour. ;)

Dan S likes this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It's confusing - all the newspapers have the current day's date on them.

15. Catriona

Cheeky bugger!! It's only on Sunday that we hae to wait till Monday now. Most of us don't bother, we just pick up the current day's papers. :p

Dan S and Zou like this.
  16. Catriona

Well, you can fly to Inverness no problem apart from the cost and it's flying. Or you can go by ferry which is a three hour trip followed by a coach to Inverness. I used to do day trips, but I'm too old now! Otherwise you can fly to Glasgow, stay a couple of days and make the most of it!

Dan S likes this.
  17. RovingMike

My Sister on Hoy and Niece on shores of Scapa Flow do the Inverness trip quite frequently. Not sure what the balls are like these days though.;)

Catriona likes this.
  18. Catriona

Um begs the question - whose balls? My mum was always off to those, but I have to admit that was the 1920s and 30s.

19. Catriona

A couple of still lifes.

ap necklaces 2.jpg
    Memories of my mum.
    ap squeezer.jpg
    The best lemon and orange squeezer ever.

ap tulips red.jpg

Gone but nice while they lasted.

Dan S likes this.
  20. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

That's funny because that lemon squeezer is a memory of my mum. I remember that growing up and how I was fascinated by the way it caught the pips :)

Catriona likes this.