1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Stealing a page from Pete Elgar's book ....

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, May 27, 2020.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Not quite a free lens, but, a pawnshop purchase for the equivalent of £5 and one of the shots I took with it ;)

The lens is the Tamron Adaptall (w/PK mount) 80-210/3.8-4 and the camera is/was a Pentax PZ-1

Oct16-1996-AP-PICT0075 copy.jpg

The subjects...

Oct16-1996-AP-PICT0081 copy.jpg Oct16-1996-AP-PICT0083 copy.jpg

The date ... Oct 16,1996 ... the film, possibly, Fuji Colour 1600 (?)

Cheers,

Jack

Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Nice buy. I'm a fan of the Tamron AD2 range and have lenses from 17mm to 300mm, including a couple of the SP zooms. They work very nicely on my Nikon D600.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Done_rundleCams

Good stuff, Andrew, I have had (AD2 wise), the 17, 24, 28, 90, 135 and the 80-210. Currently, I have the 70-200/2.8 AF :)

Cheers,

Jack

4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Hi Jack,how are you?

Many years ago I hankered after AD2 lenses after reading reviews,but at the time I just couldn`t afford then,sadly.
    I also wanted a Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro.I know it`s not AD2 but Happily I now have one from Ebay purchased recently.

I`d thought my old Minolta 50mm 2.8 macro was sharp but the Tamron is better.I`ve been using it a lot during lockdown in the garden
    and I`m amazed at the sharpness.

All the best,Dave

5. Done_rundleCams

Hi Dave,

I'm doing quite well all things being considered :). Luckily, we haven't been 'locked down/in' and, consequently, I have been getting out and about taking snaps galore -- if you're part of FaceBook, check out my albums for the last several months --- https://www.facebook.com/jack.simpson.374/photos_albums---- As for the Tampon 90/2.5 for a few years and, yep, it was a cracker :).

Hope you're able to get out soon, Dave, and, in the meantime, stay safe :)

Cheers and here's some snaps from the last few days

Finding Nemo:

May27-20-AP-Wed-DSCN0783 copy.jpg May27-20-AP-Wed-DSCN0784 copy.jpg May27-20-AP-Wed-DSCN0853 copy 2.jpg

How many people does it take to photograph a police dog and his handler :

May28-20-AP-Thurs-DSCN1268 copy.jpg

Jack

Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Lenses don't interest me all that much to be honest. I love the photographs though. Particularly the shot of Daltry in his element and the four stages of image capture one!

7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Before I saw the date I was going to say that the last two couldn't have been taken yesterday, seeing as the Ox is in his grave quite a few years now. I saw them live in Belfast a few years ago - only Daltry and Townsend obviously. They were performing Quadrophenia - great stuff.

8. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Geren and, like you, lenses don't really interest me, justbchatvthey can do and how they can improve snapping :)

Cheers,
    Jack

9. Done_rundleCams

One of my favourite bands and sadly, after purchasing a number of tickets for aThe Who" concert in Winnipeg, the night they performed I was leaving on a jet plane for my first trip to the UK/Europe and, sadly/ironically, the last tour including Keith Moon :( So, I consider myself kinda lucky to shot Mr. Enthwistle (sp?)

Cheers,

Jack