1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stealing a page from Pete Elgar's book ....

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, May 27, 2020.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Not quite a free lens, but, a pawnshop purchase for the equivalent of £5 and one of the shots I took with it ;)

The lens is the Tamron Adaptall (w/PK mount) 80-210/3.8-4 and the camera is/was a Pentax PZ-1

Oct16-1996-AP-PICT0075 copy.jpg

The subjects...

Oct16-1996-AP-PICT0081 copy.jpg Oct16-1996-AP-PICT0083 copy.jpg

The date ... Oct 16,1996 ... the film, possibly, Fuji Colour 1600 (?)

Cheers,

Jack

Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Nice buy. I'm a fan of the Tamron AD2 range and have lenses from 17mm to 300mm, including a couple of the SP zooms. They work very nicely on my Nikon D600.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Done_rundleCams

Good stuff, Andrew, I have had (AD2 wise), the 17, 24, 28, 90, 135 and the 80-210. Currently, I have the 70-200/2.8 AF :)

Cheers,

Jack

4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Hi Jack,how are you?

Many years ago I hankered after AD2 lenses after reading reviews,but at the time I just couldn`t afford then,sadly.
    I also wanted a Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro.I know it`s not AD2 but Happily I now have one from Ebay purchased recently.

I`d thought my old Minolta 50mm 2.8 macro was sharp but the Tamron is better.I`ve been using it a lot during lockdown in the garden
    and I`m amazed at the sharpness.

All the best,Dave

5. Done_rundleCams

Hi Dave,

I'm doing quite well all things being considered :). Luckily, we haven't been 'locked down/in' and, consequently, I have been getting out and about taking snaps galore -- if you're part of FaceBook, check out my albums for the last several months --- https://www.facebook.com/jack.simpson.374/photos_albums---- As for the Tampon 90/2.5 for a few years and, yep, it was a cracker :).

Hope you're able to get out soon, Dave, and, in the meantime, stay safe :)

Cheers and here's some snaps from the last few days

Finding Nemo:

May27-20-AP-Wed-DSCN0783 copy.jpg May27-20-AP-Wed-DSCN0784 copy.jpg May27-20-AP-Wed-DSCN0853 copy 2.jpg

How many people does it take to photograph a police dog and his handler :

May28-20-AP-Thurs-DSCN1268 copy.jpg

Jack

Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Lenses don't interest me all that much to be honest. I love the photographs though. Particularly the shot of Daltry in his element and the four stages of image capture one!

7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Before I saw the date I was going to say that the last two couldn't have been taken yesterday, seeing as the Ox is in his grave quite a few years now. I saw them live in Belfast a few years ago - only Daltry and Townsend obviously. They were performing Quadrophenia - great stuff.

8. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Geren and, like you, lenses don't really interest me, justbchatvthey can do and how they can improve snapping :)

Cheers,
    Jack

9. Done_rundleCams

One of my favourite bands and sadly, after purchasing a number of tickets for aThe Who" concert in Winnipeg, the night they performed I was leaving on a jet plane for my first trip to the UK/Europe and, sadly/ironically, the last tour including Keith Moon :( So, I consider myself kinda lucky to shot Mr. Enthwistle (sp?)

Cheers,

Jack