1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

St. Andrew's day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful day here in Edinburgh today. Wishing all a great St. Andrew's day. :cool:

2. Helander

Helander Well-Known Member

Same here, lovely in Fort William.
    Have a nice weekend all.

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Nice day in England too!

happy St Andrews day:):)

(from the Scottish Diaspora)

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Happy St Andrew's Day. Hope you all have a lovely day off. Oh wait... :p

5. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

A happy St. Andrew's Day, to everyone :)

6. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Och Aye the noo. It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the noo.

7. Helander

Helander Well-Known Member

that's Rabbie Burns night. :p

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Never mind what saint's day it is. Just get slaughtered before our esteemed government put the price of a blended bottle of whisky up to fifty quid.

9. Molendinar

Molendinar Well-Known Member

Greetings, and happy St Andrew's Day from a southern expat, where nobody round me today even noticed! Sigh.... :(

10. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Awa' ya Teuchter :p

If a 1 litre bottle of whisky contains 40 measure of 1 unit (25ml), and each unit costs £0.45, where do you get £50 a bottle?? :confused:

11. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Happy St Andrews Day, everyone

[​IMG]

12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

See earlier on the booze thread. I was suggesting rather more than the present proposal. I was suggesting figures where all this would lead.

13. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Ah well, you see, that thread does not interest me so I haven't followed it at all. You come in here, on a totally unrelated subject, and spout nonsense? Beats me :(:confused:

14. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Dear lord, no day off and only 25ml per measure. What a dreadful place to live that must be!:D

15. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

A decent measure is at least 3 fingers.

16. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Jeez, you Scots really are tight. If I get a dozen measures out of litre bottle, I think I'm short-changing the guests! :p;):D