1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sourcing collar screws for 135mm f2

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by tee jay, Jun 6, 2018.

1. tee jay

tee jay New Member

Hi all, i am trying to find two screws for my135mm f2. The two screws are 2 of the 3 that hold the front collar onto the lens, the part which has the red ring and the filter thread on it. Have e-mailed a few repairers but nobody seems to have or want to supply them. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Canon service centre would be your best bet. Try http://www.hlehmann.co.uk. You would be better asking them to put the screws back for you. It might seem trivial asking for 2 screws but that involves someone taking time to deal with your inquiry, ask a technician, find the screws, post them to you .... If you costed that up in man-hours it's probably getting on for £50 even if they know exactly what you mean and have them in stock. I could understand the brush off.

3. tee jay

tee jay New Member

many thanks for the link. I will call them today and see if they can help. Will let you know how it goes.

4. PeteRob

I found them very helpful. Parking is a problem if you visit - there isn't any :). They did a warranty repair for me on a 5D (mirror falling off) 2 weeks before the end of the 10 year time limit for claims!

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I parked in a residential road just round the corner - 2 minutes walk.

6. PeteRob

In the end so did I - after going up and down the hill a few times waiting for a place to free up:)

7. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

If you still haven't found a source PM me and I'll look through my hoard of saved screws from scrapped lenses and cameras.

8. tee jay

tee jay New Member

Thanks all. Spoke with Gerard at Lehmann and awaiting response as to if they have any. Will let you all know