1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RX 10 support with Lightroom?

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by roy47, Aug 3, 2014.

1. roy47

roy47 Member

Hi, I am thinking of buying A Sony RX 10 and I need to know if the Raw files will open in Lightroom 5.6. I am confused because the camera does not appear in Adobe's supported camera list but a Google search came up with a notice from Adobe Labs saying that the camera would be supported by Lightroom 5.3 and Adobe Camera Raw 8.3. They can't both be right! Is there anybody out there that can help me with this please. I have tried to get an answer from Adobe to no avail. Are they the most difficult Co. in the world to communicate with?
    Also I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has an RX 10 as to how they feel about the camera. I am also considering the new Lumix FZ1000 but it looks a bit big in the pictures I've seen.

2. Molendinar

Molendinar Well-Known Member

If it's listed as being supported by LR 5.3, then it will also be supported by all later versions, so yes, 5.6 should be fine.

Adobe only seems to list "new" cameras supported by each new LR version (i.e. the reasons for the update), and you have to look back at previous versions' support pages to see when a particular camera started being supported.