1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HX60 Blog / tips.

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by DaveG40, Aug 18, 2015.

1. DaveG40

DaveG40 Well-Known Member

Hi All

I've been trying to find a blog / useful hints and tips page for the brilliant HX60, (as personally I found the manual no help), similar I hope to the one I regularly looked at when I had an HX5, thus far I've been unsuccessful.

So does anyone know of such a web site please?, if not hopefully my simple question can be answered; as much as I like the camera I find the AF to be slow, and despite trying the various settings haven't noticed any difference, it is possible that my camera may be faulty in some way however I would prefer to resolve what could be a simple problem first and I am therefore open to sensible suggestions; When taking photo's with the HX60 what is the best settings etc in order to get the fastest focussing speed with the HX60 ?.

I shoot mainly in P'mode, (I have tried other modes) and any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I have a HX50 which is an earlier model but almost identical. I use most modes as required and have never found the AF slow at all, quite the opposite in fact.

I suggest you "initialize" the settings and if that doesn't cure the problem send it back for repair.
    MENU [​IMG] [​IMG] (Settings) [​IMG] [​IMG] (Main Settings) [​IMG] [Initialize] [​IMG] desired mode [​IMG] [OK]

Here is a much better user guide/manual than the one supplied with the camera.

http://download.sony-europe.com/pub/manuals/consumer/DSCHX60V_Help_EN.pdf

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. DaveG40

DaveG40 Well-Known Member

Hi Rog, as always a pleasure (it has been a while though), I've already seen that version of the manual, but thanks anyway, and the initiliaze (a slightly different directory route), does seem to have a done the job, the focussing is noticeably quicker.

Re a Blog, it's a pity that there isn't a similar blog to the hx5's, as other than personal experimentation, asking on a forum (like I have), and picking up little gems in reviews hints and tips users can quite often be left scratching their head, as to what's the best settings etc.

Many thanks.