1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Cashback

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by NikonNik, Jan 3, 2009.

1. NikonNik

NikonNik Well-Known Member

I'm almost at the point of turning my back on Nikon and going digital with a Sony a200

Jessops store and jessops website both advise that the sony cashback is still valid.

The form that the Jessops website points to says that the cashback ended with 2008. The Sony website link to the cashback offer diverts to a link not found message.

Has the offer been extended?

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

On another forum it has been said that it is extended but I've found the same as you when looking on the Sony website. I suggest looking in a few days when all the holidays are well over and they will probably update.

3. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Raather than Jessops, you could try these.

The A350, though dearer than the A200, has more pixels and live view (I have found this excellent when using the camera on a tripod and a remote control).

4. 5872

5872 Well-Known Member

Yeah you can get the A350, but the A200 shoots faster. There is always the A300 from Jessops (which I have) only difference between it and A200 is live view and a tilty screen:p.

5. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

AFAIK... Been extended by 1 month, new POS and forms on their way Tuesday I believe.

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I spoke to Sony today, as I'm about to buy the A350. It is definitley on until end of Jan.

Nige.

7. NikonNik

NikonNik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help chaps
    The wife has now purchased an a200
    I will now have to wait to unwrap it.

I guess I will have to change my username

8. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

I believe the cashback offer ended 31st Jan. For anyone who has already submitted a claim form, I was told by the nice Sony lady on the phone this morning that the process of sending out cheques is currently delayed by 2-3 weeks more than the 'allow 28 days..' stated on the claim form etc.

9. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

I got a letter last week from Sony acknowledging receipt of my claim and explaining there was an unspecified 'delay' in processing the claims, but 2 days later I received my cheque :) It's now in the bank ;)

10. DaveG40

DaveG40 Well-Known Member

How long did you actually have to wait for ?.

11. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

About a month, sent the claim first week in January.

12. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of cash-back claims over the last year or so and took 3/4 weeks each time.