1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Alpha 35 = Metering issue

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by DMorris93, Nov 27, 2014.

1. DMorris93

DMorris93 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have had my Sony Alpha 35 for two years, and it has recently started taking too light/dark pictures. adjusting the exposure comp dial provides a temporary fix, but then it will change again after a while. I have checked that metering is not set to 'spot'. has anyone else suffered such problems, and if so how can it be resolved?
    I would appreciate any info on this.

Darren

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I wonder whether this is down to lighting conditions at this time of year rather than anything else. With the sun, when we see it, being low in the sky the metering can end up biasing to the area that is not wanted. Aside of this try a factory reset just perchance something has been inadvertently altered. In my experience a camera meter fault generally tends to either under or overexpose, not vary between the two, mind there are always exceptions.

3. DMorris93

DMorris93 Well-Known Member

I tried the factory reset, and it cured the issue for a while, but it has since returned. I have noticed that under exposure is the main issue, so your comment about a meter fault sounds probable. Thanks for the feedback.