1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony a700 cash back

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Roger_Provins, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

2. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Roger, you've stolen my thunder! :eek:

I was about to put on a post about the very same thing. I've just collected my A700 (Woo Hoo!)and on the way home, got a phone call from the Manager of the camera shop.

He said he had just got around to opening this morning's post and there was a memo from head office about the Sony cashback offer which I was entitled to (So glad I didn't pick it up yesterday! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

So that's the A700 for £899 in store, less £100 cashback = £799! Plus he price matched the vertical grip from £199 down to the Devon Camera price of £169!

I am one very happy bunny!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. Roger_Provins

Sorry about that :rolleyes: but at least you got your a700 100 quid cheaper than I paid a couple of months ago :(

Have fun Marc - it's a wonderful camera.

4. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

Serves you right Rog for buying it too soon. :D :D :D

Its ok, I am as jealous as hell really... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Roger_Provins

I'm sure it will have but just check it has version 2 firmware.

6. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Good point, how do I check?

7. Roger_Provins

Switch on, press menu then display.

8. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Thanks, will do that once the batteries have charged!

9. Gordon_McGeachie

I have just contacted www.camerabox.co.uk who have it for £799 body only, to see if they are doing the cashback from Sony.

Will let you know the outcome.

10. Roger_Provins

Surely it's Sony doing the cash back - nothing to do with the sellers - just that it's bought in the right time period.

11. Gordon_McGeachie

Could be, I get so confused........ :eek:

12. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Just as an aside, I've just ordered a protective LCD cover for the A700 (Don't know why it doesn't come with one) and surprisingly, the cheapest I could find was from Sony at £10 and that included delivery!! :eek:

See HERE

13. Gordon_McGeachie

I got a reply back from them.

They said it does not apply to the ones they sell as they are european models.?????

14. Roger_Provins

In other words "grey imports". All very well unless one ever needs to claim under guarantee. One of the reasons I bought mine from a proper UK camera shop (but over the net) - who actually have real shops as well as a net presence. I just feel that bit more secure. I could have saved a 100 quid or more from other sources but ....

15. Gordon_McGeachie

Just as well that I did not order one then........

Thanks Rog

16. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Gordon, if your camera comes with a 'European Guarantee Information document', (Quoting Sony's info) you should be entitled to the cashback. - Just wondering, is the dealer pulling a 'fast one' and clawing back the cashback themselves, by offering to be 'helpful' and registering the camera on your behalf? Never heard of anyone doing this, but such a tactic would enable them to grab the money.