1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Sony A5000 ND 10 Filter

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by jt1x, Apr 11, 2016.

1. jt1x

jt1x New Member

Hello folks,
    Hope you all are ok i need some help i am looking to find a site or retailer that will sell ND 10 filters for my Sony A5000 i love this wee camera and i would be loveto be able to shoot long exposure shots in the daytime would anyone have any info to offer.
    Thnak you in advance for your comments.:)

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

SRB-Griturn have a wide choice. Note that 10 stop filters are often designated ND1000. Any major stockist (Park Cameras, WEX, Mifsuds etc.) will carry such items. Note they are not camera specific - all you need to know is the filter thread size of your lens(es) and the decide if you want to use screw-on round filters or go for the square type. Advantage of the square type is you buy one filter, one holder and adapter rings to suit each lens thread (if you have more than one. The advantage with screw-on filter is they are less prone to flare and ghosting from light sneaking in behind the filter - the best slide in filters have ways of matching this but at price. As you are using a CSC with live view you can probably use the screw-on type without too much bother - the camera finder/screen should compensate for the low light levels - meaning you can still focus/compose with the filter in place. Buy the filter in the biggest size you need and then use stepping rings for smaller diameter lenses.

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You using the SELP1650 kit lens? 40.5mm to whatever step-up ring and then screw in a filter. I use a B+W ten stop 52mm with my NEX-3n. You'll also want a remote release for best results.

Step-up ring pennies from Amazon, filter £30something from Wex.