1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

This afternoon in Edinburgh . . . . a Messerschmitt!

DSC2927 Messerschmitt.jpg

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

and still doesn't know where his nose is! Oh dear!

AlanW likes this.
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

180227-Helensburgh-036.jpg

I took this shot back in February and may even have posted it on here at some point. I wasn't sure what the structure was, and I have just found out that it was a summer house where ladies woudl take tea together and enjoy the sea views! Apparently there was a ballustrade on the top which had to be taken down because the wood was in poor repair, and elsehwere in the ground hte owner found the circular gazebo structure that sat on top and which could be rotated to catch/block the sun as required. It has a gas supply inside to service a stove for making tea and the upper area is accessed by a ladder from ground level. There would have originally been a ladder to the top too. How brilliant is this?

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

...and does anyone else remember the "It's a Square World" skit involving a Messerschmitt bubble car; 2 "escaping British airmen"; the front of the Television Centre and a perplexed commissionaire who the producer had forgotten to warn? :D

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Or its appearance in Terry Gilliam's masterpiece 'Brazil', complete with a jet engine upgrade that appears to to have been taken from a V1, so that it can overtake other vehicles. My wife and I were the entire audience for this at a 600 seat cinema on a Saturday afternoon...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYUPuZGbes

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

shoe-copy.jpg

This was going to be my 'current' entry for the 'getting there' comp/theme, but I was more amused by the plane reaching for the moon in the end so went with that. What interested me about this particular abandoned shoe was the funny looking, hard, plastic insert. It follows the same shape, sort of, as an ordinary insole but I'm wondering if there are now special transparent ones for sandals that I didn't know about. And what they do. And if they work. Or if the sight of an abandoned shoe in the pier carpark on New Year's Day would suggest they're a waste of money. ALso, I'm wondering if they came with the shoes or if someone loved these cheap Primark jobs so much that they spent money buying an accoutrement to make them more comfortable, or keep them on. In which case they'll be doubly annoyed at having lost the shoe in what I'm assuming was a drunken lurch home after Hogmanay celebrations. I've been pondering this mystery since taking the shot yesterday - so many questions!

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

So there was one shoed walk of shame happening somewhere.

8. Andrew Flannigan

An accident that I feel worked better than what had I intended. The bus had paused in front of a advert hoarding with just the shredded remains of past posters. I focused on the hoarding intending to use the passenger as a frame. The bus moved on just as I released the shutter and the camera refocussed...

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC02419.JPG

9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

_P9A0418.jpg

Perhaps not "interesting" but certainly "irritating".

peterba, AlanW and Catriona like this.
  10. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

DSC3294 Be Excellent.jpg

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill :)

dream_police, beatnik69 and Geren like this.
  11. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Nature's notice board!......
    No Pissing.jpg

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Interesting place for a bollard...
    80751cess.jpg

peterba likes this.
  13. Andrew Flannigan

It's Catkin time so the spring is coming...

Panasonic G9 8GB 06 P1012036.JPG

14. Knotty

Knotty In the Stop Bath

You could trip over one of those concrete fencepost blocks! ;)

15. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I was interested to find this (with some Scotch Whisky miniatures thrown in ;)) in M&S...
    30068cess.jpg
    Further research may turn out to be necessary...

16. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

One for the birders......

deadbird.jpg

Note the V marks in the flesh..... Identify the prey and guess the predator:).

17. IvorCamera

Never heard of it, the next time I shop I think it will be at M/S soon!:)

18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Woodcock and probably a female Sparrowhawk

daft_biker likes this.
  19. IvorCamera

The bird looks like a Hawk of some discription but the killer could have been a rat, when I worked in the city center this was a common scene, but the birds were pigeons!

20. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Yes and maybe...

Text from my dad.