1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

An interesting way to find out if you are carrying too much fat.
    Get string. Put one ond under your heel and pull up to the top of your head.
    Cut string and fold in half.
    This should meet when put around your waist.

I just about did it comfortably! I'm very much straight up and down at the sides so I was pleased. I'd like to shift another half stone, but I can live with things at present.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

It's a shame I am not 8 foot tall.

Catriona likes this.
  3. Catriona

:D

4. dream_police

The scales I have at home measure the fat and tell me on a scale the level of my fatness. The only thing it doesn't do, is say "Get off you fat bastard"!

5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It just says "one at a time please".

dream_police likes this.
  6. Catriona

At least you are tall. I'm little and every extra pound shows! Still trying to get back to what I was on my wedding day. I'm not too bad, but my exercise is slowing to a crawl, so it's hard to lose more weight.

dream_police likes this.
  7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I'm smugly cruising along at the target I set this time last year and achieved by May.

If even 1lb goes on, I zap it instantly. But I tried the string test and around what passes for a waist, it fell about 6" short:(

Catriona likes this.
  8. Catriona

I think the test should make allowances for um... fitness, that's it! ;)

9. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

I'm just short for my height:p

Catriona likes this.
  10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I replaced my soundbar t'other day (the JVC one was acting oddly - missing off the first fraction of a second in certain circumstances. Odd) and the new one (Sony) comes, as always, with a remote control. However...

30657cess.jpg

...it's the only one, of the loads I've had over the years, that will stand on end! All the others are rounded or 'sculpted' in some way.

11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

This was the first of 2 similar lorries I saw yesterday in Exeter. I've seen similar military vehicles but nothing in civilian colours. Anyone got an idea what it's used for?

4WD Leyland DAF lorry with unusual body behind cab P1140279.jpg

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I get the impression from this page (caption of picture of said truck) that it's used as a camper-van!

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  13. Andrew Flannigan

Good find!

14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Collapsible Skip - Going Home
    by SteveH, on Flickr
    They finally collected it.

A week ago, they had their first try. But it was over full. So they refused it and only took the smaller one he had hired since my first pic. This time he had a second smaller one for the overflow and all went well.

15. dream_police

You are probably aware that we have an eclectic taste in art. These are our latest acquisitions made from broken Toby jugs. They are quite heavy, fairly big and tbh quite horrible but we found them interesting enough to buy!

toby.jpg

RovingMike and Catriona like this.
  16. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Having a browse around the shops, I was at a bit of a loose end, I came across an elephant. As you know, I collect elephants (why are they always female African ones?) so I bought it. And her friend, the oversized gorilla.

30685ces.jpg

What interested me is the fact that they have to wire the animals into their cardboard display case. Presumably to stop them being extracted too soon. You know, before they are paid for, ie by shoplifters. In Poundland?

17. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I've often wondered how ften that happens, because if you've paid for a skip, you ram it as full as you can.

18. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

True. Even when it says on the side "Level load only" or words to that effect.

19. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

It's the 2CV and the mattress that usually do it.

NickM and SXH like this.
  20. Andrew Flannigan

Only if you forget to turn the 2CV upside down having pushed the mattress inside.

gray1720 and dream_police like this.