1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

We have one like that which was custom built to our requirements. It holds shit loads.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

And it helps government targets in going green.

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Covert propaganda from you know who?;)

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I know right? I mean, WHAT IS IN THE BOX?

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to dip mine in vinegar.

willy.jpg

6. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

deltic 1.jpg

From a few years ago. This was the model of engine in the Hornby-Dublo train set I was given for my 12th birthday :)

7. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Sandwiches :)

8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

As kids we used to watch a brace of Deltics hauling truckloads of stone for the construction of the M25 pass our house.

9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Was he on the way to the bank to let them know how he felt about their latest cock-up?
    Have you seen how much Hornby locos cost these days? :eek:

10. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Good grief!

I think I'd better hold on to my old Tri-ang TT Gauge train set to finance my retirement!

Cheers, Jeff

11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Way back when I was interested in modelling I actually thought the TT stuff was nicer than the OO models.

12. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I work with a toy train nutter, sorry, model railway enthusiast and he spends thousands of pounds on locos and rolling stock. He doesn't do much for dispelling the image that everyone has for these people either.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  13. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I always fancied an N-guage layout, but that has always been a bit expensive. And as for Z-scale! Though with the latter, you don't need a lot of space.

14. Andrew Flannigan

I saw one of those Z gauge briefcase layouts in a London shop window years ago. Very Tyrolean! :D

15. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:

I'd better start saving, I've told my kids I'll get the grandkids a set each!

16. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

17. Andrew Flannigan

You weren't you know :) There was a programme around xmas on TV about Hornby and they were showing how the British company liased with their Chinese factory.

18. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Whereas he thinks you are the nutter for spending hundreds/thousands of pounds on camera gear when all 'normal' people know that a good camera phone can do everything your gear can do AND let you make phone calls...

;)

19. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

You could have left it at that. :D

SXH likes this.
  20. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment... ;)

MJB likes this.