1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some photos with the Ilford Ortho (35mm) film ...

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Done_rundleCams, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Some shots I took with the new Ilford Ortho film, rated at 80 ASA ... The camera used was my PZ1P and the lens
    used was my (digital) DA 50-135/2.8 :eek: ...and it vignetted like crazy at 50mm and just a wee bit at 135mm so, consequently,
    these photos have been cropped ... except for the obvious one ;)
    Feb16-20-AP-Sun-000033 copy 2.jpg Feb16-20-AP-Sun-000034 copy 2.jpg Feb16-20-AP-Sun-000035 copy 2.jpg Feb16-20-AP-Sun-000036 copy 2.jpg Feb16-20-AP-Sun-000037 copy 2.jpg Feb16-20-AP-Sun-000040 copy 2.jpg Feb16-20-AP-Sun-000042 copy.jpg

Cheers,
    Jack

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Looks alright to me! I'd try it in some of my relics, made back when Ortho ruled, but I think it might be a bit pricey...

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

The rendering on ortho film makes blues greens lighter than usual and oranges and red much darker.
    People look to have dark lipstick on and very rosy cheeks. A light yellow filter brings out clouds very well. And helps generally with landscapes.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

A very long time ago (1968) I was an assistant in a London studio. We got a job from an embassy to copy some old documents which had to be done on 5x4 Ortho, to bring out marks in red ink (or maybe paint). I was sent off to Hemel Hempstead by train to pick up three packs of the stuff (none of the trade suppliers had any in stock). The most "interesting" part of the job was the sight of my not very tall boss being loomed over by the embassy official on one side and a Special Branch officer on the other, both of whom seemed to my young eyes to have suspicious bulges under their left arms! :eek:

5. Done_rundleCams

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

But on the plus side you won't need nasty black sticky tape over the red window.;)

7. Done_rundleCams

:D :D :D

Jack