1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Some more fine messes Jingo's got us into

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

When will we get the message that "patriotism" is the very first resort of the utter scoundrel? Trump's done us a favour by bringing the racism inherent on the right into sharp focus. I'm not sure it's time to start burning the Union Jack but I can see why some might think it's a necessary response.

Sony HX90 8GB 01 DSC01160.JPG

Roger Hicks and peterba like this.
  2. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

It's a bloody awful and vulgar looking rag anyway. Highly appropriate therefore that the far-right shitbags have taken to using it.

Zou, saxacat and peterba like this.
  3. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

So true. I have a general dislike of National Flags, mainly because of the mindless Nationalistic tendencies that they seem to educe in pea-brained individuals. However, leaving that aspect to one side, the Union Jack is, IMO, the least aesthetically pleasing of them all.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

I'm all in favour. Just take out the blue bits and the red bits and we'll then have a flag that'll be fit to show our enemies. ;)

Trannifan and peterba like this.
  5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

That'll show 'em...!! ;)

6. Andrew Flannigan

I've always believed that cowardice is the intelligent person's response to danger. :cool:

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

So, not in favour of altruism, then?

You know, like a parent fighting to protect a child. Would make so much more sense to abandon the sprog and save yourself...

;)

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Well, from a biological point of view, it is the correct response.

S

9. Andrew Flannigan

From a strictly logical point of view you can make more children but you can't make more you. :cool:

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

That is very Darwinian.

11. steveandthedogs

No, just sensible biology.

S

12. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Not if one is a mother or grandmother beyond the menopause, and they will fight like hellcats to preserve the copy of their genes in the child.

Footloose likes this.
  13. steveandthedogs

Fair comment.

S

14. Andrew Flannigan

Which is why the 1st rule of being a successful coward is to avoid such situations.

steveandthedogs likes this.