1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

SOLVED: Search crashing explorer in XP

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by pachinkofan, Apr 17, 2011.

1. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Hi, just in case anyone gets Windows Explorer crashing when you try and search all files and folders, or view file type associations via the control panel:

One thing to try is to make sure your Audible Manager is up to date.

Had one user on this pc with this problem, whereas my logon wasn't affected, and found a solution where a lady had re-installed audible and had sorted it, and while it seemed completely random, indeed this worked for my problem

[Had the old green icon as opposed to the new rainbow style icon, and came up access denied when I tried to start the program to let it update, and also failed to uninstall. Ended up downloading the installer again, and telling it to re-install when it recognised audible was on the pc already. My logon had the current manager as I'd installed it "fresh" after getting a new mp3 player that was compatible with it]

Just to save anyone else a couple of hours searching about for ideas.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011