1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold the last of our Fuji Acros 120 film today ..

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Done_rundleCams, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Had a woman come into the shop looking for some 120 B&W film and I asked what she normally shoots/likes and
    she replied Fuji Acros. Well, FWIW, those 4 ProPacks are the last 120 Acros this store will ever see again. I'll take
    'em all :eek: Okey doke :). Then, I sold her Pentax's latest FF DSLR :D

Cheers.

Jack

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I don't use Fuji, but it's a shame to see it finished.

I think the papers are going in a year or two, according to something I read the other day. Could even have been in AP.

S

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Fuji are slowly but surely discontinuing film and associated products. Which will be next to go?

4. Done_rundleCams

And, apparently, Steve, the 120mm Acros wasn't available in the UK last summer :eek: at least, according to a fellow (Amedo)
    on here who purchased about 10 rolls. Not surprisingly, I guess, our Fuji 120 Velvia 50 and 100 are getting near dated :eek:, but,
    mind you, that's just cuz people aren't buying the E-6 films as much.

Cheers,

jack

steveandthedogs likes this.
  5. Done_rundleCams

If our sales are any indication, N_B, I would, probably, say the E-6 films are next. Luckily, the Pro 400H is selling well and, ironically, the 120 is outselling
    the 35mm :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

6. steveandthedogs

Given the price of Velvia over here, I wouldn't be surprised

S

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

A friend who has resolutely stuck to film (35mm) uses Agfa Precisa 100, which is as we know made by Fuji, but sells at a more reasonable price. I suppose there may well come a point where manufacture of E6 film ceases to be viable or practical, although Kodak were supposed to be re-introducing an Ektachrome emulsion.

8. steveandthedogs

Funnily enough, I was going to ask if anyone had heard about Ektachrome recently.

S

ps if a Yorkshireman made a cock-up using it, would it be Ecky-thumpchrome?

9. Done_rundleCams

:D and, we get that question, about 10 times a week, Ektachrome that is ;) Heck, we sell more Super 8 film
    than we do E-6 :eek: and, FWIW, our price for 35mm E-6 films (Velvia 50 and 100 and Provia 100) is $18.99 + 12% tax = $21.25 or £12.

Cheers,

jack