1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Sodastream is back...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pachinkofan, Jul 31, 2010.

1. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Apparently...

How many of us remember having one years back, only for it to eventually sit in the corner, or in the garage gathering dust after the initial excitement had worn off?

That's not saying I might be [briefly] tempted to buy one, but being able to buy 2 litres of own brand cola for 20p, and even Barr's cans for 35p, I think it'd be a gadget that I'd just look at.

That and how would I offset my carbon footprint when I was spurting out all that CO2... :rolleyes:

G>

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

"All that CO2" is actually a byproduct from other industrial processes, and if it were not used in making drinks fizzy, it would just have been discharged to the atmosphere anyway

3. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

And how do you "offset" each time you draw breath exactly?! ;) ;)

4. dileas

dileas Well-Known Member

Because, of course, the breath you draw and exhale goes round the natural carbon cycle, whereas the CO2 that comes from fossil fuel doesn't...

5. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Yep, along with the Sandwich Toaster :)

6. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

I think sandwich toasters would be used more if they weren't such a bugger to clean.

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I remember fizzing up cornershop gut rot dry white wine with my parents' Soastream, or maybe a Sparklets. One bulb only were the instructions. No way; we lived dangerously and it never burst.

8. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

True, cheese toasties are great though. Especially with a bit of HP sauce. NomNom

9. pachinkofan

I just use the toaster bags from the poundshop :)

Anyway, looks like sodastream's out. I can't justify the cost, [49.99 for the kit, despite the fact argos tells you it was available previously for 29.99] and that and the fact that soft drinks are so inexpensive these days that I don't really see it lasting.

G>

10. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

I use the toaster bags too. But they don't make the crust nice and crispy like the sandwich toaster does. And you can't put an egg in them.

11. pachinkofan

gurgh.. egggggggg :D

G>

12. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

We had the yellow handled one with the frosted glass effect plastic blast door (which was optimistic at best seeing as i remember the soda bottles were glass). Long, long after it rell into dissuse we then got the more modern late nineties/early noughties white plastic with blue push button machine, but then the supermarkets stopped supplying the CO2 bottles so that was that in the shed too.