1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

There's an advert knocking about at the moment for some Birds Eye chicken product or other which features a group of paparazzi - all of whom appear to be equipped with Zenit film cameras. You see a chap right at the front of the pack with a Zenit with a Minolta flashgun on top of it, while the photographer behind him is using, again a Zenit, but with the cyrillic lettering on the prism (that looks like XHNT with the 'N' the wrong way around).

The advert also uses the classic sound of a number of Nikon MD-12 motor drives while showing the photographers - despite the fact that none of the cameras have drives fitted.

Cheers, Jeff

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The backwards N is an I in The west. The H is an N.

S

3. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

Over the past couple of months:-
    1. Window advertising panel in Edinbrough Wool Mill - pretty young woman with Canon r/f'r.
    2. Tilley hat registration site young woman with Cannon 7T
    3. Telegraph w/e 'Sport' photo of Casey Stengel (baseball) looking up to heaven with his bat over a shoulder and some
    chap in the background with a Nikon r/f''r.
    (OMG - I'm going 'geeky' (or summat )).

4. Fishboy

The opening titles of the James Bond film Licence to Kill start and finish with an Olympus OM-4 Ti fitted with a 50mm f1.4 Zuiko lens.

What can I say? It's Sunday afternoon, it's raining and there's a Bond film on telly...

Cheers, Jeff

5. Fishboy

I really shouldn't post during the adverts...

Well, now we're and hour and half into the film and Bond has just been given a Hasselblad (503CX?) that converts into a sniper rifle and a Polaroid (SLR690?) that takes x-ray pictures (oddly enough, an x-ray picture of a portrait painting on a wall shows up in the final picture as a skull...how does that work? The Polaroid also shoots lasers out of the flashgun which I've sometimes though could be a useful accessory!

Cheers, Jeff

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

So gthat's where it comes from! The Hassy is on display in the Camera Cafe in London's museum.

Adrian

7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Neither of my Hasselblads convert into a rifle. Probably my fault for staying with 1st and 2nd generation 500s. :(

peterba likes this.
  8. Fishboy

It's been suggested that I should get a gun carriage to transport my Hasselblad around!

Cheers, Jeff

peterba likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A gun carriage that size could be mistaken for a cannon.

;)

Learning, RogerMac and Fishboy like this.
  10. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I thought I'd take this opportunity to nag you (again!) about bringing those Hasselblads back into use, Andrew.

There are only two ways to stop this nagging: either start using them (and provide evidence by posting results), or just give them to me! :p ;)

11. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Not quite the same but a while back I was with some friends and one of those tourist buses went past and a friend said "I bet Lesley can name the camera that giraffe on the side is holding"

And I replied "Can't tell the model but it's a Nikon DSLR"

(Red trim under the shutter button)

12. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Goodness me, the Serengetti comes to London for holidays!

13. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Not sure what the camera in Ooglies is based on, but it certainly appears to be a film camera...
    ooglie-2.jpg

14. Andrew Flannigan

It looks like an Olympus OM10 or such like

15. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

A Canon AT or similar?

16. Andrew Flannigan

On reflection I reckon you're right. :)

17. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

Am currently in Rome and boarded a number 3 tram from the Colloseum to Trastevere......a small school party (6) of young teenagers clutching Kodak disposables and not a smartphone in sight.......if only one stays with film it’s a win
    Take care
    Mike

Zou likes this.
  18. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I've just watched an episode of the BBC's 'Summer of Rockets' drama set in 1958. A Zorki range finder with a 'zoom lens' was loaned to a novice who shot 3 rolls of monochrome film and apparently got every shot in focus and correctly exposed without using a light meter. And the camera appeared to have a viewfinder with a ground glass focusing screen like that in an SLR - no sign of a rangefinder double image that changed to a single one as the focus was adjusted. He was also given a longer (135 mm?) lens to use, but no viewfinder for it (I think they fitted in the flash mount on top of the camera body).

So much attention paid to clothes, cars, furniture ...

Zou likes this.
  19. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

Uffizi gallery, Florence this morning young chap with Olympus OM2.....then, in Boboli gardens, oldish chap (well, slightly younger than me) with wife, two daughters and assorted grandchildren and he’s doing the full directorial bit with a Nikon F5 and a bag full of lenses.......cross between Monsieur Hulot and Mr Bean with increasingly agitated Italian conversation.....enjoyed every moment.

Take care,
    Mike

20. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

My first impression was 'Johnny 5' in drag from the "Short Circuit" series of films.