1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

(this is 'anorak' sad)
    A Pentax, probably a Spotmatic.
    Supporting the chin of Steve Carell who plays Mark Hogancamp in 'Welcome to Marwen'.
    Daily Telegraph 'Review', 5th. January.

2. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I just have to look in here...

IMG_4072.JPG

steveandthedogs likes this.
  3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Nice! I spot a Praktica and a Werra that we have in common.

Adrian

John Farrell likes this.
  4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

There is a four page Br*x*t special in today's Observer, including this. One of the interviewees has a film camera.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what it is - Olympus?

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

6. gray1720

Took some finding of this thread, but one a touch classier than usual has just popped up in my Fartbook feed.

Adrian

[​IMG]

John Farrell and Done_rundleCams like this.
  7. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

That's a bit classier than my recent purchase - a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super in pretty good condition, apart from the meter not working*. (50mm F/2.8 Tessar)
    Found it on eBay, and bought it in memory of my late mother who took 00s of trannies with one, and also in memory of my very first 35mm camera, a Contaflex standard with 45mm F/2.8 Tessar which I bought whilst doing National Service in Hanover - December 1958. *Fortunately, my Weston Master V still works.

John Farrell and Done_rundleCams like this.
  8. Jack D3200

Jack D3200 Well-Known Member

In a camera shop window in Cologne, a stone's throw from the cathedral. film.jpg film2.jpg film4.jpg

9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Coming out of Sainsburys car park in Watford there was a lady with a Hassleblad waiting to cross the ring road, she also had another, unidentified, camera over her shoulder.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  10. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Wow! She's even perfected the special 'Contax grip' that you need to use to avoid blocking the second rangefinder window!

Cheers, Jeff

11. Malcolm_Stewart

That's a spectacular window(s) of used film bodies, so I navigated to their website, but can I find a listing for their used film bodies?... Mouth-watering lists of modern Canon & Leica etc. offerings, but I couldn't find any s/h stuff listed.
    What's German for S/H, or Roll-film?

12. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Gebraucht Rollfilm (I think).

13. Malcolm_Stewart

Thanks

14. gray1720

Oooh, pictures, please!

As for those shop windows.... *moans orgsmically* some seriously collectible kit there. Lots of Werras, Voigtlanders (don't tell steveandthe dogs!), Pentina, Agfa Flexilette (35mm TLR!), Braun Paxette, Rollei 35...

Adrian

15. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Oh geez, right now and right in front of me - Monday Feb 18th @ 5:21pm :eek: .... my PZ1P ;)

Cheers,

Jack

16. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

The picture round in last night's University Challenge - Diane Arbus with a Mamiya C33. No-one recognised her!

17. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Well if we're going down that route, I can see an F5 from where I am sitting, no batteries in it.

18. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

As I was walking into Euston station this evening I passed a well-dressed man with an Hasselblad 500C dangling from his left shoulder :cool:

Upstairs, as I write, there's an Asahi Pentax S1a, a Pentax Program A, a Yashica MF-2 and an Olympus mju-II. Admittedly a meagre collection in comparison with other cameras I have owned but I am attached to each for deeply personal reasons........and they all work - and frequently.

Take care,
    Mike.

19. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Woooo HOooooo ... good stuff, Mike :) ... as I write, my Pentax PZ1P w/ SMC-M-35/2.8 and at
    me abode, Pentax MX w/ Sigma A-24/2.8, Takumar M- 135/2.5, Takumar (M-42) 400/5.6 and
    PhotoSniper (M-42) 300/4.5

Cheers,
    Jack

20. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Just caught a minute or so of a Steven Seagal film (The Foreigner) while flicking through the channels. He was using a Minox sub-miniature camera.