1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

Last Friday evening( I think ).
    'Heartbeat', on tele', wherein David was using what looked like a Canonet or a Minolta Himatic.
    All was quiet, in the scene and David took a photo'.
    The rattle and clatter which accompanied this was worse than that of my old Miranda F

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

There was an episode of The Adventures of Abney and Teal recently (called, of all things, The Camera) which featured a Polaroid type camera similar to the one that appeared in an episode of Shaun the Sheep - instant development (ie a couple of seconds) and a never-ending film pack!

3. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

They must have used the smartphone "shutter sound"......

4. David Loxley

Nah, John.
    My wife has such a 'phone.
    This lot sounded more like a mix of broken glass and lumps of iron being tipped on to a concrete pad.

John Farrell likes this.
  5. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Ah! A Praktica L shutter sound.

Roger Hicks and steveandthedogs like this.
  6. David Loxley

Lying on the floor of our local newsagent/post office.
    The tabloid front of TLS.
    A print of 'Self portrait of Solzhenitsyn' Holding what looks like, probably a Russian copy of, a Leica 3 (a or b) with and Elmar f3.5

Roger Hicks likes this.
  7. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Saturday evening in the cinema. The film was based on the life of Gerhart Richter, the german artist. At one point his wife poses in the nude and he snaps her with a TLR - well, we're talking about the mid-1960s here.

Lynn

8. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Yesterday evening's documentary (a repeat I assume) on Les Dawson showed him taking a picture of his wife with a NIkon F.

Cheers, Jeff

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Here's the thing: ever since June 1967 I've wanted a Black Nikon F with a plain prism and the f1.2 55mm...

SLR Magazine 1st issue.jpg

(Apologies to the magazine staff) :D

10. Fishboy

The one Les Dawson was using was chrome with the Ftn prism (the same as mine) and I couldn't make out which lens he had, but I certainly know what you mean about the black one with the plain prism and the 50mm f1.2, it's very tempting.

Cheers, Jeff

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I saw an elderly Praktica around the neck of a visitor to The High Line

12. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

The 50/1.2 is nice, but I prefer the 58/1.4. I've had both (sold in moments of weakness/ foolishness/ poverty, as usual) and if I could have one of them back, it would be the 58/1.4.

Still have two plain-prism Fs, though.

Cheers,

R.

13. Fishboy

I quite like my 50mm f1.4 Nikkor-S - in the early 2000s I'd wanted one for quite a while but they were selling for upwards of £130 in the UK. You can imagine my surprise when I walked into a camera shop in Indianapolis and saw a case full of them priced at $50 each - which was around £30 in proper money at the time. I can't quite remember how much they were charging for a mint condition Nikon F3 with MD-4 motor drive, but I recall that the entire rig cost less than the motor drive alone did in the UK...so I bought the lens and the F3.

Cheers, Jeff

14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If I felt confident the I'm Back was ready to buy I'd go for the right F and lens but I'm holding off on any more film cameras until then.

15. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Saw a Pentax ME Super in Central Park

16. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

This (Monday Dec 10th) afternoon, a K1000 w/a 50/2, the exact same kit I had 33 years ago :eek: ... ;) and,
    then, sold her a Sigma 100/2.8 Macro lens :) Film wise, the forthcoming movie, "Marwen" has a lot
    of photos of a Spotmatic :)

Cheers,

Jack

17. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

The Haunting of Hill House - polaroid.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  18. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

The hipster in today's ePhotozine Christmas comp heading appears to be using a Zenit EM or some such suitably retro item...

[​IMG]

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  19. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

I see one every day.......it's no big deal....

20. David Loxley

To-day on the Internet Explorer site news thread
    A 'preview' from 'PopSugar' (magazine??. for 'The New Royals'
    In the series 'The Crown'
    Ben Daniels who plays Anthony Armstrong Jones
    Holding a Leica M2 or M3