1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I would have given him a Z9. He is a time traveller.

2. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

When Ford Prefect told Arthur Dent "Face it, those zeebs over there are your ancestors, not these poor creatures here."
    The 'zeebs' being "Hairdressers, insurance salesmen, management consultants ( et. al. )" "millions of them" All in the 'crashed' B-Ark.
    Perhaps the answer to Jeff's comment might be that Douglas Adams forgot to include Software writers and Scriptwriters ??

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

...and how exactly would you be able to contribute to this discussion if there were no software writers? Telepathy perhaps?

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Andrew, the full comment was "Douglas Adams forgot to include Software writers"

5. Andrew Flannigan

The point being that the B-Ark was where the "useless dregs" were loaded. Come to think of it, I'm not sure scriptwriters should have been there either and someone has to cut your hair.

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I can't remember who was in the A-Ark but, by understanding that, we might be able to determine that the B-Ark contained all the people who make a society work. Tha A-Ark containing all those who think they are important because they are wealthy or occupy positions of power.

7. Andrew Flannigan

8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Travelmoney001.jpg Travelmoney002.jpg Finally having worked out that it's a browser glitch stopping me uploading, here's the Sainsbury's Fed (I think it's a Fed 3), and the Evening Standard Beau Brownie.

Adrian

9. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Rolleiflex on the front of today's Guardian . . . . .

DSC8322 Rolleiflex.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

On the back of the Joe Browns catalogue that fell out of this weeks Observer...
    FC-1.jpg
    Not sure what it is though.

11. Andrew Flannigan

SXH likes this.
  12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

If I remember it right when the inhabitants of the A ark finally landed they were wiped out by a virus on an improperly sanitised telephone

13. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The A ark didn’t exist! Just a ploy to get rid of the useless third of the popn.

S

14. Andrew Flannigan

According to "Obsessives Are Us" ( https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Golgafrincham ) you're both right. The "clever people" stayed behind and were wiped out by a viral infection aquired from an improperly sanitised telephone handset. :eek:

15. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

"...makes it look cool too..." I like that, what better reason to keep a camera you can't use? Never knew anyone else made cameras for Agfa's Rapid format.

Adrian

16. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Oops, just realised. Every time I start up PSE 11, there's the start-up screen...
    PSE11-SS-s.jpg
    An anonymised TLR. I would say a Mamiya (being held by someone who doesn't know what they are doing), but no doubt someone can provide more detail...

Double oops! Just remembered, I mentioned this earlier in the thread. However, this new post has a screen-cap. :oops:

17. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I don't own a Mamiya TLR (I agree with your identification) however I've got a couple of Yashicas, so I think I know where the photographer in the picture's going wrong! :)

Cheers, Jeff

18. Andrew Flannigan

As an ex-user of a C330 I can state with some authority that's pretty much the default manner of holding the thing until you're ready to release the shutter. As to the hood being closed a detailed inspection of the picture suggests that the user in this case is Kara Danvers (AKA Kara Zor-El) and therefor does not requite the hood to be open in order to compose using the ground glass. :cool:

19. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Surely somebody with the advanced scientific knowledge of a Kryptonian would refrain from using her x-ray vision in close proximity to a 120 roll of HP5?

Cheers, Jeff

20. Andrew Flannigan

That's why she only uses Pan F. ;)