1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Beat me to it!

About £1500?

S

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Crumbs! I'd have said £650. :)

3. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

A few more cameras for you - a poor scan of a photo I took during a Helen Lederer photoshoot at the Edinburgh Book Festival in 2001.

2001-73-31.jpg

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You've posted that one before, Alan. Maybe in 2001, though. ;)

AlanW likes this.
  5. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Did I? Oh, the old brain is going . . . . . :(

6. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I was watching DC'S Legends of Tomorrow, Season 3 Episode 7 'Welcome to the Jungle' yesterday evening. In case you don't know the programme, there's time travel and superheroes and so forth....

Anyway. The episode was set in Viet Nam in 1969 and one of the time travellers was under cover as a journalist - complete with his 1984 Nikon FG-20!!!!

How hard could it have been to find a Nikon F?

Cheers, Jeff

7. Andrew Flannigan

Repeat of "Endevour" this weekendt: Nikon F with a proper non-TTL meter prism and (I think) a 105mm lens plus a Rolleiflex. My life is very sad by some peoples' standards. :cool:

8. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

"Repeat of "Endevour" this weekendt"

^^^^^ So is your typing, Andrew...!! (Today, at least) :eek: :p :D

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

If you'd spotted it during filming I'd have wondered if it was a prop, or my mate Nas using it...

There's one on some current Sainsburys bumf - I must pick a copy up - looks like a Russian Leica-alike, but I'm blowed if I can tell which one. It's got a circular rangefinder window... aha, Gurgle tells me it could be a Fed3!

Adrian

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

So does the FED 2, a camera I enjoy vastly more than anything about it might suggest.

11. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The one in the middle is a bit phallic.

AlanW likes this.
  12. gray1720

Ooer, so it is, matron!

I can see I'm going to have to visit Sanebunnys just to sort out which camera it is... I have to say that I enjoy my Zenit far more than I should, possibly because it's quite technologically advanced and ergonomic. Well, compared to many of my collection... Mind you, almost anything is ergonomic after the Argus C3.

Adrian

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The FED 2 is largely because it's rather stripped down - I really don't like the FED 4, it's heavy and clumsy, but the 2 is very simple.

14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

There are a few in Last of the Summer Wine - a 120 folder used for macro/serious close-up at 30cms, a Kodak 127 Brownie-ish thing, possibly a Spotmatic which transmogrified into one of those £5 imitation plastic slr's.

S

15. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

16. Andrew Flannigan

IF this digital Zenit really exists (and I'm not yet convinced that it does) where will the market be?

17. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

18. gray1720

Oh look, here's another! https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

If I get a mo I'll scan the Beau Brownie pic in yesterday's Evening Standard. Somewhat less gratuitous as it's with a short on the new V&A photographic gallery.

Adrian

19. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I saw a Pentax, MX I think, on the South Bank yesterday.

20. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Once Upon a Time, Season 3, Episode 12 - the young lad (Henry) has been using a Canon F1 of all things!

It's all a bit silly really - somebody's trying to prove that the lad's mother's has lost her memory, so he makes her pick up the camera, take it to a drug store, get the pictures processed and printed and then, when she looks at them, they show her doing things that she doesn't remember doing - fine so far. The problem is that when she opens the wallet of pictures that she's just had developed and printed from film she says "how do I know these weren't Photoshopped?"

What a dimwit!

Cheers, Jeff

peterba likes this.