1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Mine would have but they did not wish to risk a class action law suite.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Film camera seen on the subscription pages of a recent copy (OK, this week's) AP...
    AP-FC.jpg

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

A Nikkormat of some sort, I think - not the EL, which has a battery warning light and button, but otherwise almost identical.

I've a film in my EL at the mo, which is why I spotted it.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I'd have guessed a FM or FE.

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

My thoughts too

ascu75 likes this.
  6. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

FM? As is radio? It’ll soon be all DAB, imagine ‘radio killed the video star’
    much like digital killed the film camera :oops::eek::D

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

FM has advantages over DAB, like not cutting out several times between here and wherever. I have DAB in the car and never use it, I rarely use the radio at the moment actually. Some years ago a friend, professionally known as “Boppin Bob”, told me that we had picked the wrong DAB system it would appear that he was right.

8. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of DAB either and as for radio I no longer listen, I prefer Apple Music at least that way I have some control over what I’m listening to. I used to listen to the Archers and when I got our first DAB radio it wouldn’t pick up radio four in our lounge so if I wanted to listen I was banished to the bedroom o_O Not a bad thing according to our Son :rolleyes: Don

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Where I live, my radio puts out a low level buzz on DAB but no interference on FM. I thought the point of DAB was that it gave a cleaner sound than FM,,, :confused:

10. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I thought that the point of DAB was that it freed up the FM spectrum so that the government could make money out of selling the frequencies.....

DAB is, IMHO, rubbish. I am another whose current car (finally) has a DAB radio but I leave it on FM since the DAB stations frequently drop out, also it is hard to find them since some car radios sort them by name, others by "ensemble" etc etc..... not user-friendly at all

11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

My car is 10 years old, even so it lets me set a pre-set for a DAB station I would be very surprised of you couldn't do the same.