1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Hmm a real puzzle. With that lens surround it should be, but rangefinder housing looks wrong.

2. RovingMike

Whatever it is, he's been told to look at the screen on back of it :)

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If it is a SP, you could be seeing his shirt and tie through the viewfinder. Othewise that could be an optical illusion (this is B/W film via Telecine on an LCD TV into a Panasonic TZ70) and it's actually a S2. The black would then be the viewfinder and the white, burnt out chrome.

4. RovingMike

I'll go with S2.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Zombie thread time... :eek:

Leafing through my copy of the ISIHAC book (discovered while tidying up), I noticed this pic illustrating the "Bad Advice for Tourists" item (pages 80-81):
    ISIHAC-P81.jpg
    Yashica and Olympus rangefinder compacts, I think.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Speaking of zombies: one film that died a very expensive death was "Smashing Time", a farce based on the Swinging Sixties and the astonishingly successful "Blowup". Whereas the latter made sales of 10 times its cost, "Smashing Time" made back less than half its budget. As in "Blowup", cameras featured heavily...

Smashing Time film HX90 DSC00060.JPG Smashing Time film HX90 DSC00063.JPG Smashing Time film HX90 DSC00064.JPG

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Well, he's not going to get up in hurry with two Nikons round his neck, is he?

I think Steve is right with his rangefinder IDs - the back one is definitely an Oly, I'd guess a 35RC, but there were a few similar ones.

8. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

The front one looks like a Yashica Electro 35.

9. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

On Monday June 22nd, 2020 at around 5:30pm ... a Nikkormat and a libation ;)

Jun22-20-AP-Mon-DSCN5614 copy.jpg

Cheers and have a great weekend :)

Jack

10. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Looks lovely that, could be brand new by the look of it. Shame about the modern lens cap.