1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So where have you spotted a film camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 8, 2018.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Unsurprisingly, there's lots in the 2020 Firstcall Photographic catalogue.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Freeview Talking Pictures channel: in a really bad sub-Hammer British Sci-Fi effort from the early 1960s one of the extras had a Hasselblad on a tripod. Being an extra he was allowed to know how to use it correctly! :D

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

In the current ep newsletter, there is a picture of another anonymised film job. Don't recognise it. Nikon?
    Here it is on their site:
    [​IMG]

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

5. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Nikon FM

6. Andrew Flannigan

A character in an episode of "Taggart" that we watched last night was using an Argus C3. I reckon that someone thought it would fit better with the plot line (about pictures being taken on film) than a SLR that might be mistaken for a dSLR.

Such attention to detail would have been admirable if the denouement hadn't centred around one character taunting another by showing them a roll of 120 film allegedly exposed in the C3... :confused:

7. gray1720

The latest Jessops ad on Fartbook has an anonymised late Zenit (11 or 12, I think) and a Praktica MTL3 or 5 in it. I'm not that sad, honest, I recognised them from my own shelves...

[​IMG]

8. gray1720

Popped out to our local hardware store (one wonders how long it will last now we have a Screwfix...) and was distracted from my porpoise by a chap carrying Nikon F5 with a 105mm Ai-S lens. We had a good jaw, as I had the D200 with a 28mm Ai-S on it with me (taking photos of holes in the road for the local archaeology group, would you believe?)

9. gray1720

Once again popping up on Fartbook. They've abandoned the Kiev, and now it's a Hassie.

[​IMG]

10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

From the latest ephotozine newsletter and in the article it advertises.
    [​IMG]
    A rotten thing to do to a nice old Bierette.

I think I had the Boots version of that model; my girlfriend at the time bought it me to replace the previous model that was stolen from her car.

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I had the Boots version too, lovely little camera, my first 35mm camera.

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And in today's Observer New Review - an article on photographing men and the meaning of masculinity and so...
    obs.jpg
    Not in the online version so did a quick scan of the dead tree version. And yes, the printed image IS flipped. Canon A of some sort?

13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Surely that's Polaroid's latest model? :)

Fishboy likes this.
  14. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Publicity for the film "Mr Jones", due out about now I think!

mr jones.jpg

15. gray1720

Could have sworn I posted this two nights ago but hey... Spotted whilst wandering around Wallingford in December with Footloose.

_DSC0003.jpg

16. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

On ITV3, an old 'Heartbeat' episode called 'Give Peace a Chance', there was a press tog using a Nikon F with the original Photomic head and I think, a f1.4 50mm lens

17. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

From a recent Flickr e-mail about this year's photwalk:
    flckr.jpg
    I think it's a film camera - he looks like the sort of trendy young 'erbert who'd prefer film - a Fed of some sort?

18. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Much older looking lenses on both. Both seen better days. Junk shop "props"?

19. Andrew Flannigan

It looks like a Fed 5. I always thought the Feds were an aquired taste but I found the 5 a taste I couldn't bring myself to aquire!

20. Andrew Flannigan

A frame from a documentary on the Freeview "Yesterday" channel. The narration implied that the scene was shot during WWII but the camera at extreme left looks awfully like a Nikon SP to me (introduced in 1957). The FH triangle (bottom right) appeared on the Rolleicord III in 1951 according to "The Rollei Manual".

Documentary makers and accuracy, eh? ;)

Still from TV programme Nazis in America TZ70 P1030570.JPG