1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So what'll you have in your hands at the weekend?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pachinkofan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Personally, the camera, xbox controller, Peter F. Hamilton book, maybe some pencils as I attempt to draw, and several coffee mugs and maybe a whisky glass... and that's the polite ones.

Your good selves?

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

A Peter F. Hamilton book... Which one?

Me, I'll be doing college work, reading a George R R Martin book (A Feast For Crows), going to a BBQ (where I won't be able to eat the food!) and perhaps a wander down the pub on Sunday evening if my knee is okay (a slight tear in the lateral cruciate ligament)

So not much really ;)

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

A bricklaying trowel, plus bricks and paving slabs. A tankard handle. A computer mouse and keyboard and if any time is left over my arm will be round SWIMBO's waist

It should be a good weekend

4. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Spark plugs, Pentax MV, pint glass filled with Adnams Broadside and I might even get around to the Domestos Zero Limescale remover.

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

A Camera of some sort, and a couple of Pro-Audio mixers at different times. Also a knife and fork, a glass and possibly a cork-screw.

6. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

In no particular order; the lad, his toys, my toys - a mouse, sliders, pan pots, EQ/send/insert fx knobs/buttons, Korg keys, microphones - a book or two, knives, wooden spoon, pans, cutlery, cups/mugs/glasses, DVDs, steering wheel, herself. ;)

7. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

If the weather stays like this - K20d and Bigma. Looks like herons could fledge this weekend so hoping for some good pics. Also more fox cubs........

8. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

I'll probably be crawling around on my hands and knees with a 5DII and 180mm macro lens in my hand looking for Common Blue and Small Heath butterflies.

At sixish on Saturday I'll be holding the remomote to put Doctor Who on and again at nine for Wallander.

On Sunday I've thought about going to the Bramham Horse Trials or Appleby Horse Fair.

9. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Weekend, weekend? Oh yes I remember those used to get 'em when I worked ... all a bit of a blur now :)

10. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Neutronium Alchemist, the 2nd in the Nights Dawn Trilogy. Crimbo present from the parents after getting recommendations from people on F'book for sci-fi ideas last year, and after enjoying the first, occasionally my firstview post back in the day.

[might just take a note of what does pass through my hands at the weekend, but then as I'm on my second Stella, it might not seem such an idea in the morning... Maybe]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  11. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Off for a day oot tae Bute tomorrow.....Rothesay here we come.

Graeme

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Amazing how quick you forget, isn't it;) I'll have to go back to it at some point though:( Maybe after the summer....

13. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

.... or leave it until next year ;)

14. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Ah, most excellent. I won't spoil it by telling you that ************ and ********* happen at the end!

;)

15. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

BBQ tools, pint of Director's, TV remote for the rugby and on Saturday morning, the D700 with something suitable for wildlife attached..... and because of the Law of Sod, I'll have all the other lenses in a rucksack on my back.......
    :D:D

16. Paddysnapper

Paddysnapper Well-Known Member

What ever the story Lads....Have a good one!

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The Sigma 600mm mirror I've currently got my hands on, perhaps something unusual for the 52 in 52 project I'm about to start, I've already managed a few pint pots and now a wine glass. And a few other things...

18. Wheelman

Wheelman Well-Known Member

I shall be laying very still while they do an MRI scan-and yes I was surprised to get an appointment on a Sunday afternoon.

Still at least I will get a look at the nice new Hospital at Pembury.

19. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

In that case another thing I shall do is wish you the best of luck with that.

20. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

Dead I Well May Be by Adrian McKinty (gret new author); macro lens in search of grizzly and dingy skippers; theatre tickets to hear k d lang; computer to Skype friend in America; remote to catch up with Dr Who.