1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

So nice to see...

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Paul Manuell, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Paul Manuell

Paul Manuell Member

...the magazine finally being delivered in paper rather than in a polythene bag :)

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Not so good when it is raining.

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

The mag itself seems to be fairly water resistant

4. Paul Manuell

Paul Manuell Member

I'
    I'd rather the odd soggy mag than thousands of unrecyclable polythene bags being sent out each week.

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Surely the water is all *in* the mag this week?

6. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My latest copy arrived on Monday and the paper packaging was damp. The adhesive along the seam on the back was sticky and the packaging was stuck to the back cover of the magazine, but fortunately there is never anything of interest on the back cover.
    Possibly the wrong kind of adhesive?

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I agree. The non-sticky stuff is far better.

8. Chester AP

Or perhaps merely not soluble in water?

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

There is only one reason plastic bags are not recycled: We choose not to.

10. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

The same with my copy.Glue on back of mag but no harm done.

11. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Swansea City Council,in their infinite wisdom,have decided plastic bags cannot be recycled.

12. Chester AP

You local council will tell you that the ability to recycle some types of plastic depends on the availability of somebody to process it. So my local council will take plastic 'bottles' (milk, water, etc.), but not yoghurt pots or plastic bags. They will accept AP paper subscription packaging, even if wet.

So the use of 'we' implies the need for a national policy, and the funds to implement it: one for Boris and his loyal team.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  13. Paul Manuell

Paul Manuell Member

I recycle everything that's recyclable. Where I live, the polythene bags aren't accepted anywhere for recycling, so paper envelopes all the way for me, even if they occasionally get wet.