1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Snow in Moscow in September? AP 2014-09-27 pp4/5

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by vjosullivan, Sep 25, 2014.

1. vjosullivan

vjosullivan New Member

The Big Picture shows a polar bear apparently lying on a large snow bank, watching a bird. The picture is dated 12 September 2014.

Perhaps it does snow heavily there this early, I never been to Moscow, but somehow I doubt it. Or perhaps the enclosure has been designed to mimic snow really well.

Which is it? I'd love to know.

Vince.

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

3. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

I believe that it is artificial snow, as can be seen in other online images of the Moscow Zoo enclosure.

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Nice first post to the forums Vince, welcome.

Surely a polar bear in Moscow at any time is as unusual as snow in September. As Mark says, it is artificial snow but is the bear for real? ;)