1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smaller, lighter…

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeoffR, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I don't entirely agree with that, some cameras are just more pleasant for me to use than others and that's probably true for many people. TI imagine that the cameras which have that effect will be different for different people.

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Did you ever discover the Olympus Sooty.. I mean Super Control Panel? So easy to access all key settings with just one button-press

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not before it was too late. If I recall having failed to be able to do what I wanted in store with a demo camera I downloaded the manual to work it out, and that (SCP) was clearly a good option. But really that should be the default and not hidden away.

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Quite frankly I don't care what the Technical Editor thinks or does, it is irrelevant.
    I decided that, for me, the Nikon D4 was better than the OM-D EM-5 and I parted with my money accordingly. I now have two D4 bodies and I am very happy with them but I am realistic enough to realise that there may come a time when I need to change. I may well have another look at Olympus but, based on my experiences I won't be considering the smaller bodies, I think mine was an EM-5 and that was too small.
    Mike, what you find ideal I may well find unacceptable, essentially it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, what matters to me is that a camera feels right in the hand the EM-5 didn't the D4 does.
    Actually, I disagree, if a camera feels right it will get used, if it doesn't it won't. Simple really. The camera you don't use very strongly influences the images produced because you won't be producing any!

I am not saying that Olympus cameras are bad, simply that the current corp aren't, as far as I have determined, right for me but I haven't handled an EM-1 so it is one I might try later. I have tried a Fuji and I rather liked it but it was a short look while my wife tried a Nikon 16-85 lens, which I subsequently bought for her.

Fuji cameras will be considered as will the EM-1 MKII and the EM-1X. I don't think Sony will get a look in but equally I might well handle several bodies to see if any of them feel "right". Equally I might just see if I can find a couple of D5 bodies.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Agreed.

You have to ask yourself why there have been so many different designs produced in such large numbers, if one is better than the rest.

6. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

All the cats we`ve owned have been rescue cats,usually from Cat Protection in Swansea.

The one we have at the moment is a grey and white neutered queen.At some point her tail has been docked
    leaving a 20cm stump!We have no idea why.It doesn`t seem to affect her balance in any way.
    She loved the hot spell a while ago,spending all day in the garden.

Learning likes this.
  7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Is this posted in the right place or perhaps a drastic interpretation of smaller and lighter?! :eek:

8. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I dare say she is smaller and lighter than a Lion or Tiger

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I gave you a like for that because she stayed in your garden.