1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Sleepy afternoon - meerkats

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by southonline, Jun 8, 2014.

1. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

I could stand around all day taking photos of these guys - I was pleased how this came out and a few seconds later was rewarded with a baby photo

[​IMG]

an arrrrh photo ;o)

[​IMG]

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

No 1 is possibly the best meerkat image I have ever seen. What a great composition.

3. Ednewbie

Ednewbie Well-Known Member

I like the first one a lot. It has caught the closeness of the meerkat group. Have you tried dropping the brightness and boosting the contrast on it?

4. southonline

cheers guys glad you like it

I'll have at look at your editing suggestions later Ednewbie

5. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's only me but the knob is a bit of a distraction.

6. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

I had been trying to come up with a way of saying that discretely :D

7. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

Nicely put Frank lol

8. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

The first one is ace, really like it a lot. The second one in resting itself on the others head is very funny.

A slight small nick pick. Lose the whiskers/fur from the far right of the frame.

And its been said before, but are you asking us to compare them :confused:

9. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

First is nice.

10. henniehendrik

henniehendrik Well-Known Member

not much to add lol..
    the first is a great shot.
    and i love the second probb. for all the wrong reasons.:cool:

11. southonline

cheers all for the comments

I know what you mean but I was kinda trying to wear my David Attenborough hat and look at the photo as a nature photo, especially with the little baby being in shot, a few seconds later vanished within the family group ....but I do agree. I got great monkey photo and he was the same, clearly they were getting excited seeing a Canon ;o)