1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Arts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SXH, Sep 8, 2020.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Rankin was better.

Problem was, I spent too much time trying to think who he reminded me of...
    Ed Balls!

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Does anyone know if there will be a series 5? I liked it despite all one might say about it.

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

There certainly is no mention of it anywhere on Sky. I don't even recall any requests for entrants.

I enjoyed watching it too.

4. Les Jakubowski

Les Jakubowski New Member

surely we deserve a better offering then the dumbed down 'bake off' style Master of Photography offering from Sky Arts. Good photographers should be seen and not heard and never allowed onto a public stage - they are doing their proffession untold damage. Please give us a show about photography not personalities.

5. TerrierOwner

TerrierOwner New Member

I missed the earlier series and have only just found this programme - it could have a lot to do with Sky Arts becoming free ;-)

The judges are critical to the point of being rude, self-contradictory and unencouraging, the presenter wafts about contributing little, the guest photographer should have met the contestants before they took their photographs. I could go on ...

I know that the prize is big, I know that competitors are professional but surely the programme could be better.

On the positive side ... I personally enjoy seeing the images that the competitors have taken and making my own judgements.

Next week I shall watch it with the sound off and ready to fast-forward.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I came across this while channel hopping. Setting fire to dandelions in front of a 1Dx going full pelt, then three people talking nonsense about it - does it get better?

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I watched the replay of the Masters of Photography today (Freeview 11, 14:00, Landscape in County Kerry). It was a bit hard going I thought.