1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Skinheads

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by KierFX, Feb 3, 2017.

1. KierFX

KierFX Well-Known Member

Shot on a Bronica ETRSi, 75mm f2.8. Film was Fp4+ developed in ID-11. Scanned with Epson V750

[​IMG]

Roger Hicks and dream_police like this.
  2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Quite compulsive. I rate this, if there is any nit-picking to be done I'll let somebody else do it, except that it should be Skinhead as there is only one:).

Geren likes this.
  3. HenryW

HenryW Well-Known Member

Nice. Made me go look up the camera which I hadn't heard of. I'm a novice and I'm curious to know if more experienced posters are able to recognize features of the photograph that distinguish it from a conversion produced by DSLR.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It's a tonality thing, running smoothly from virtually white to virtually deep black and if you enlarge it you can see the film grain, although the use of a medium format camera does reduce this by comparison with 35mm.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Very nice and atmospheric. A real Taylor Wessing.

I'd personally go further with pp to really get the simplification of mono:

[​IMG]

6. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Nice one! That's got a really 'timeless' feel to it so it gets a thumbs-up from me. It certainly looks like you've got the measure of the Bronica.

Cheers, Jeff

7. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Really like that. The eye contact is nice too

8. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I keep coming back to this. I liked it as soon as I saw it and I like it more and more each time I look at it. I think cropping the top off above the sign is a slight improvement but not essential. Well done.
    I like the other skinhead photo on your site too.

9. chilipenguin

chilipenguin Well-Known Member

Really like that. Always nice to see some film stuff. Mike's edit maybe pushes the blacks a touch too far for me, but like the crop.

10. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Definitely a touch of the Taylor-Wessing about it - except it's probably more interesting...;)

Mike's version just takes it for me.