1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Six years later...

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by NickM, Dec 23, 2019.

1. NickM

NickM Well-Known Member

Back after a gap of 6 yrs. Never used the 1100D as much as I'd planned so got rid and moved on with a Nikon Coolpix for any online stuff the phone wouldn't do.

A month ago the garden finally gained a squirrel, but the little bugger's a quick bugger and the Coolpix was so slow the only way I'd get a shot of the squirrel with it was if I'd had it stuffed.
    eBay and a replacement 1100D, 75-300 and a 35-135 that only works from 70mm up but it's all my preferred seller had as a quick stopgap until I can get something better.
    So until I get a tripod (and a slower squirrel) I can at least get some shots again.

This was the sight that greeted me before the morning coffee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Totally in awe of those of you that manage to get wildlife pics.

daft_biker, Zou and EightBitTony like this.
  2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Welcome back :)

Done_rundleCams and NickM like this.
  3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

NickM and Zou like this.
  4. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

WOW. love those. especially the bottom one.
    I'm still trying to attract birds into my garden, but with several neighbours cats on the prowl, the birds don't seem tempted by my offerings.

NickM likes this.
  5. NickM

NickM Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me..... an extra squirrel.
    Just need them to send me a reminder to change the ISO after doing the Christmas lights shots. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  6. Rupert49

Rupert49 Well-Known Member

Like you I've been absent from the forum for a little while (no special reason). Squirrels are right little buggers but great fun to photograph. These two pics were from May 2011, in my garden when one regular visitor at the time successfully unhitched the fat ball holder!

IMG_2371_edited-3.jpg
    Canon 5D MkII, f/4, 1/160s ISO-400

IMG_2380_edited-2.jpg
    Canon 5D MkII, f/4, 1/200s, ISO-400

Can't remember which lens unfortunately .. probably EF 100-400 (but just possibly EF 70-200 f2.8L)

NickM and Done_rundleCams like this.
  7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The EXIF data will tell you.

8. Rupert49

Thanks Pete, but when I right clicked the file and searched in Properties>Data, it only shows me the exposure I used but not the lens. Is Properties>Data the same thing as Exif Data? If yes, where do I find the missing info? This time I actually resorted to re-opening the raw file in PS and was able to see there that I was using my 70-200 f/2.8, but that's the only place I've seen that specific info.

9. PeteRob

The lens info. is usually part of the image file descriptive data. I put everything in Lightroom so that’s where I see it, before that, and for Canon, DPP. I’d suppose most image viewers would have an option to show it. Of the utilities EXIF viewer is well known but I don’t use it.

10. Rupert49

Thanks again Pete. We hear of photographers concealing or deleting the Exif data when posting a photograph on a public forum. Personally I don't think I'm that bothered, but how is this done in practice, please?

11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

12. PeteRob

In Canon DPP there is an option in the Convert and save dialogue under Shooting Info setting. Most editing software will have an option to include or exclude data when you save/export the file and want it a different format or size.

upload_2020-6-11_18-25-34.png