1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sir Richard Branson.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Aug 28, 2016.

1. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

Should he lose his knighthood?

To me, it seems like a bit of 'tit for tat' over this train seating lark.

Also what do we think of knighthoods in general?

2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Get rid of the whole honours system. Nonsense, IMO.

Trannifan and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  3. londonbackpackr

londonbackpackr Well-Known Member

Gladly see the back of them. How many will be handed out in the New Years honours for the Olympians, I see Mo Farah has already requested a knighthood.

Will Jason Kenny and Laura Trott be getting one?

4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Well, I rode a bike for a few miles, earlier this year. I also ran up some steps a few weeks ago, so now I want a Knighthood.:rolleyes:

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yep they are morally corrupt, but a cheap way of saying thanks to people. What they do achieve though is a social recognition system based on something other than wealth. Until we are all good little Marxists, there will always be social strata and even in the case of many political cronies, our system is the only one that doesn't rely on wealth and ostentation as basis for recognition and esteem. In fact it helps to maintain wealth and ostentation as a basis for contempt, which is uniquely British.

6. Lost_In_France

Lost_In_France Well-Known Member

Cheap shot from McDonnell. They got caught with their pants round their ankles making a scam video and this is the best response he can come up with?

RogerMac likes this.
  7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yes, but not for the train thing. He should lose it for being a first class twunk whose role in the privatisation of the NHS is another nail in its coffin. :(

But I suspect that was probably why he got it in the first place, for his contributions to corporate greed and services to capitalism.

:rolleyes:

8. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

'Nuff said.
    You get my vote Zou