1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Single Lupin

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by JohnLinz, Jun 16, 2018.

1. JohnLinz

JohnLinz Well-Known Member

BamaMike likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Very painterly. I like that. I don't think the leaves coming and going out of frame distract. It's convention to lose the signature when posting to appraisals.

3. JohnLinz

Oops i will remember that for my future posts. Thank you for your positive comments.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wouldn't say convention. I would say some people consistently say they dislike them, and others don't comment, but it's always the poster's choice what they do.

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Great colour combination (classic) and nice composition and DoF effects. I like.

JohnLinz likes this.
  6. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Dear Lupin,
    I only have a bit of some missing leaf tips to absolutely love it.
    Cheers,
    Luis

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Think the exposure is lovely and don't mind the clipped leaves at all. Signature mars it as a shot to appreciate.

8. JohnLinz

Thank you Mike.

9. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Not looking for touble, Mike, you have been a source in my moving forward. However, amputated tips and limb were a big issue, unless proved intentional, a couple
    of years ago. So I learned, from you guys.
    Cheers,
    Luis

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  10. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

In a more formal study whole leaves might be more appropriate. In this case it looks great as it is and I doubt a wider view would improve it.

11. JohnLinz

Thank you very much.

12. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Fair comment. For me, there are only two that could be contentious, on the right. Have looked at it up large and the light one seems to be about all there and the rear darker is clipped more than a tiny bit, so looks reasonable.

13. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I like the composition of this shot but have a slight niggle that the flowers at the base of the cone are getting just a little soft, slightly takes the edge off for me...